Acid Peroxide and base metals.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rickzeien said:
anachronism said:
Goran

Is there a way you could link that redox video we took so that Richard can see it? I bet he'd really enjoy it.
I would also. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Do you ever sleep Rick? 8) 8)

anachronism said:
rickzeien said:
anachronism said:
Goran

Is there a way you could link that redox video we took so that Richard can see it? I bet he'd really enjoy it.
I would also. Thanks.

Do you ever sleep Rick? 8) 8)
I am a serial power napper.

anachronism said:
Goran

I would like to see it as well.

While here .... does the 2+ in Fe2+ stand for the "II" as in iron sulfate II? Or does it denote the the extra oxygen as in FeSO4 2H2O?

Shark said:
While here .... does the 2+ in Fe2+ stand for the "II" as in iron sulfate II? Or does it denote the the extra oxygen as in FeSO4 2H2O?

It's the oxidation state Shark 2+

Thanks guys, I thought that was it but then I my thinking doesn't always work out to well.

Sure I can...

[youtube]https://youtu.be/8YEm7Apc8Cw[/youtube]

20190601_205635.jpg

This is a gold foil with a copper center, closer to gold filled with 24k gold than gold plated. Apparently something from the space industry.
As far as we could discern, the gold dissolved, then cements back into a fine black powder which created a very heavy liquid. This flowed out at the bottom and spread out as a black lake. At the beginning it also dissolved again on the way down.

Göran

Haha and that's Kurt and I providing the voiceover. I've got a 1 minute one somewhere showing it dissolving again as quick as it precipitates.

Yes, very cool to watch!

I caught Kurt's voice, the short time I spent with him was very enjoyable even if the restaurants weren't cooperating.

That trip/get together really was A LOT of fun & the (for me) 16 hour flight across the pond was well worth it

Spending a week in the lab with Jon, Nick, Goran, Pat, Deano was nothing short of :G & I do mean :G

Other members I have had the good fortune to meet

Dave (FrugalRefiner) 4metals, Jerry (modtheworld) Shark, Topher, & denim

Kurt

Back