• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Nitric Acid 70% 2.5L Bottles For Sale

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davew0880

Hello Everyone,

I have 6 2.5L bottles of Nitic Acid 70% for sale. I bought them to do my refining but my wife wants to start an organic greens business so I need to get rid of my stuff so she can have space. Never got around to processing any material, just been storing materials and countless boards.

Anyway, I will take $99 a bottle, less if you buy more than one. I can also get my hands on more if needed as it gets shipped direct to me from the manufacturer.

Sorry, no shipping unless you arrange proper shipping and handling with the transport company. We are located in Baltimore MD.

Contact me if interested.

Sorry but I cannot get the photo to rotate properly.

David

Attachments

• 20191015_161646.jpg
    20191015_161646.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 209
I was buying 68% for $6/gallon just a couple of years ago. Granted not everyone has the same resources, but this still seems outrageously expensive, but maybe I'm wrong. I'm sure someone else will comment soon.

ACS grade seems to be a high purity standard. For that grade it seems not too expensive, but for anyone not working with high purity gold or an analytical lab this is wasted.

https://www.puritanproducts.com/resources-support/chemicals-101/acs-vs-reagent-grade/

Maybe you could get ACS grade in bulk for a cheaper price, but most times the more simple technical grade is good enough for what we do, especially dissolving base metals.

Is it too high price to pay for nitric acid... if I couldn't get it any other way I would get a bottle and then guard it as it was solid gold. :D
Now, I got 10 liters a couple of years ago for a good price, so I guard it like it's solid silver. Although the price was high enough to make me save any nitrate waste so I could reuse it, the main reason I try to be frugal about it is I don't know when I can get some more nitric.

Is the price to high for you... that's up to you. Maybe it's the price to pay for a hobby refiner to get hold of some nitric acid so they can get to the next step up from poor mans AR and HCl + bleach.

Göran

Hey guys,

Thanks for jumping in on the topic and post. Yeah, it is high grade, maybe not the cup of tea for everyone. I priced it based on what I see being sold online (tiny bottles for almost the same price as these). I guess it makes sense for people who cannot get access to ut easily which if you know the process and regs it is extremely easy to get almost any acid. With that being said, these are OBO I would add, but, I do not want to deal with the shipping requirments for acid so they are as pickup only unless the buyer arranges shipment.

David

I could be wrong but arent the online prices for this based upon being landed at your door with all the relevant shipping criteria being met by the shipper?

Johnny5 said:
I was buying 68% for $6/gallon just a couple of years ago. Granted not everyone has the same resources, but this still seems outrageously expensive, but maybe I'm wrong. I'm sure someone else will comment soon.
g_axelsson said:
ACS grade seems to be a high purity standard. For that grade it seems not too expensive, but for anyone not working with high purity gold or an analytical lab this is wasted.
Is it too high price to pay for nitric acid... if I couldn't get it any other way I would get a bottle and then guard it as it was solid gold. :D

Göran

Agreed. The nitric I had access to, was in 15 gal. and 55 gal. stainless steel drums. And it was 68%, so naturally it was considerably less. But for me it worked fine.
I know some of you guarantee your customers 3-9's and up, however the company I sold to paid out on 99% purity, so I was satisfied with my final product being 2-9's pure.

anachronism said:
I could be wrong but arent the online prices for this based upon being landed at your door with all the relevant shipping criteria being met by the shipper?

Usually, but most online prices I find are around $45 per liter with anither 40 in shipping, assuming thay shipper is abiding by hazmat regs. I actually work in an engineering lab and the prices we get, no matter what it is alwayd have additional charges for hazmat delivery.

I do not have a use for the nitric anymore and just was offering it up. I will leave up for awhile then just take it to the county for disposal if no one wants it.

Johnny5 said:
I know some of you guarantee your customers 3-9's and up, however the company I sold to paid out on 99% purity, so I was satisfied with my final product being 2-9's pure.

Tech grade Nitric will give you three nines. In fact you can get 3 x 9 from using poor man's AR too. The skill is in the cleaning of the gold not the chemicals used to refine it.

anachronism said:
Johnny5 said:

Tech grade Nitric will give you three nines. In fact you can get 3 x 9 from using poor man's AR too. The skill is in the cleaning of the gold not the chemicals used to refine it.

I have been using poormans AR and poormans nitric on the last four buttons I posted pictures of. All made four 9's on my buyers XRF. (I know that isn't likely spot on accuracy, but he uses it to buy with) Maybe I can make a trip soon and get back to using better chemicals. The main problem when using these work around solutions is the amount of waste. Most of it is water, but that is more than enough extra work to deal with.

I also found that better washing of my powders greatly changed the quality of my gold. I now spend more time and care with the washing and filtering. Both washes and filtering is a large part of most poor grade gold buttons, at least that is my opinion.

Back