Why Red Aqua Regia ??

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oz said:
I hate to kill your hopes but I have spent considerable time in Venice talking to the master glassblowers about the metals they used in their craft. The red glass is expensive because they cannot find a suitable replacement for the gold. I have had this confirmed by glassblowers in Tennessee as well as Texas. If you know something they do not, let me know, and I would give you credit for it as well as a commission.
if this not gold.. Or Pt Then I will try to make red Galss but first ı must be try some test everythink at my idea..first test I will eavaporate all acid then theer stay red powder.. I m sure that But When I mix Galss This colur can be cahnge I dont have any ide this must be give me Red colur but .......... We will try

Actually, most cobalt salts are blue in color when anhydrous. When they see water, they turn pink to pinkish red. That is likely what Harold was seeing.

Lou

What ever happened with this? That ore looks like Cobalt ore as previously posted, but it could be Calcapyrite which is a Copper Iron Sulfide ore mixed with other metals and gives off a "rainbow" color in its natural setting.

chalcopyrite-auriferous-278.jpg

Mindat shows only one locality for platinum in Turkey.

http://www.mindat.org/loc-207438.html

Is this anywhere near your sample was found.

Texan

Hi Again Many Years Ago I Was write here why aqua Regia Red colur. I reaad All message again and I think past..
I try to test again it.. and that mineral give new intresting result..
I put it hot nitric acid two times but not disolve.. and this time I Have stannous chloride..
I only adding here that message for share my expriment with forum . Many year past but I dont see any informatinon like this forum valuable..
Lou. lazersteve ,Harold_V they really master

Attachments

• 74612510_443106096332991_2191795800550408192_n.jpg
    74612510_443106096332991_2191795800550408192_n.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 416
  • 20191028_131630.jpg
    20191028_131630.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 416
  • 20191028_130146.jpg
    20191028_130146.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 416
  • 20191028_131616.jpg
    20191028_131616.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 416
I dont look it.. 2 week ago I found some simple.. in my box and I crash roast and nitrich bath and result is that..

I move change job married etc etc I totaly forget they.. when I see in box then remember..

I see that you are from Turkey, it's known for some large chromium deposits so maybe what you have contains chromium which could color the aqua regia that way.

Göran

g_axelsson said:
I see that you are from Turkey, it's known for some large chromium deposits so maybe what you have contains chromium which could color the aqua regia that way.

Göran

Mate I wouldn't waste my time.

It wasn't important enough for him back then to report the results after promising to do so. Now he's found the jar after a few years.

g_axelsson said:

Göran

Hi Göran No it is not chrom .. I satart wit ewaste after intrest mining.. Then I dont have microscope etc..
I am adding some micro picture.. mybe nickel maybe cobalt ..
and this Not aqua regia this only nitric and water.. and Stannus test

Attachments

• Image-0_2019-10-18.JPG
    Image-0_2019-10-18.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 345
  • Image-5_2019-10-26.JPG
    Image-5_2019-10-26.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 345
anachronism said:
g_axelsson said:

Göran

Mate I wouldn't waste my time.

It wasn't important enough for him back then to report the results after promising to do so. Now he's found the jar after a few years.

I dont Promisi anyone abouth anythink.. when I made that test. I dont have fume hood and sncl2 or any equpment.. Then I went a assay house and they say me dont have Pt.. But they make that in 2 hour but I dont know Pt not dissolve in 2 hour....
So I am write here again only show result.. I will put here soon modern labarotory result from Canda so dont waste your time..

That cube is most probably pyrite, FeS2. The second picture looks like a sulfide, maybe pyrite, maybe something else. It's hard to tell without any details in the picture.

If I think something is a waste of my time, then I wouldn't answer.

Göran

Dear Göran I think You are understand minerals 1 and 2 picture samethink.. I can send many microscope picture here
Firstly we will see a report maybe ICP maybe fire assay result ..

Lets Look our easy test result.. again.
İf it is pyrite Why not disolve in Nitiric acid. for 100 gr metaarial .. I use 250 mL Acid and İt was two time..
yes it is have S Or As Maybe other think Somtink notralize HNO3 maybe.. True ?

And Stannnus Cloride result ? Why have colur? Stannus cloride SNcl2 granule and only HCL I dont Use Metalic or any other think.. it maybe so much senstive..

I dont say That is PGM or That is valuable metals I made test and I am sahre with Peoples..

I think that stannous chloride might react with the sulfur from the sulfides, the same way you get a brown reaction if there is SO2 dissolved in the solution.

Göran

with mineral we cant use stannus cloride cuz many mineral have Sulphure
stennus cloride can be give clolur then other metals.. it is my fault then..

I haven't tested any ore samples with stannous so what I told you above is an educated guess.

What you should do is to take a couple of samples of the metal you suspect, dissolve it and make standard solutions to compare the stannous reaction of your solution. You could also take an ore sample from a known location without precious metals, dissolve it and compare. Just be sure it doesn't contain arsenic, because that mixed with aqua regia creates a gas that can kill you. Several people of the forum have been close to death that we know about.
Arsenopyrite is a silvery white to gray sulfide mineral.

XRF of arsenic can be reported as iridium, so any test with XRF on anything but pure metal that shows high iridium levels should be treated as it contains arsenic.

Göran

I dont Make AR if I make it is wait cold mybe few days..

in this mineral maybe have AS But I roast it 30 min .. Not enough I think.. Anyway we will see soon result..

nitiric Acid solition colur like paladium.. AR colur like platinum.. But it is sulfide mineral..
we will see Soon

Spoke

yes I Know I rost it outside and dont smelling.. I know how is danger that is..
but I must be say that USA %75 gold coming carlin type gold deposit.. and they are high arsenic mineraltion zone .. wolrd of %5 also coming there..

So we must found safe method.. wich one more danger Cyanide or Arsenic. ?

I was think to process Iodine but.. realy I dont know..

Who know how is processs sulfide mineral.. ?

Sulfide minerals can be roasted at 700C with SO2 absorption facilities, or mixed with H2O2, causing boiling, ending in sulphates

Back