ripped off

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jimdoc said:
Still no pictures? At least pics of what you are calling high grade and low grade cpu's.
And of this stuff; (high grade because of old industrial and commercial electronics as well as old cncs, telecommunications equipment, old industrial computers)

Correct Jim

Slush there's no hard data for anyone to work to. WHAT did they refine to give you a new figure (after their share) of 2.7 ounces. Which material gave you that?

You've got the vast majority back so where's the rip off if it's still sitting there or did I miss something?

Jim and others are correct- you're presenting feelings let's have facts. You FEEL like you have been ripped off and you're telling all and sundry that you've been ripped off but when asked for the hard facts to back it up you're not presenting them. If you want an opinion, mine is that they got so pissed off with you that they sent your material and gold back to you in order to get rid. I've had clients like you where no matter how much gold I get, it's never ever enough and the day one accused me of stealing was the day I packed up all their material and send it back along with all the gold I had done so far at my own expense. As refiners we all get this kind of client and I've discussed it on another thread.

Pictures- weights, what went in, what came out. <<<<<<< THIS. You. Have. No . Facts. Just. Guesswork. Present the facts properly and convince me and I'll be your best ally ever.

If you won't present that then you have no case. Put some proper effort into this. As I said before you may be right however you're not convincing anyone with all the rhetoric.

So time to poop or get off the pot. Either present the facts or stop cluttering up our forum with your ranting. Which is is going to be?

Jon

anachronism said:
jimdoc said:
Still no pictures? At least pics of what you are calling high grade and low grade cpu's.
And of this stuff; (high grade because of old industrial and commercial electronics as well as old cncs, telecommunications equipment, old industrial computers)

Correct Jim

Slush there's no hard data for anyone to work to.
Jim and others are correct- you're presenting feelings let's have facts. You FEEL like you have been ripped off and you're telling all and sundry that you've been ripped off but when asked for the hard facts to back it up you're not presenting them.

Pictures- weights, what went in, what came out. <<<<<<< THIS. You. Have. No . Facts. Just. Guesswork. Present the facts properly and convince me and I'll be your best ally ever.
Jon

Seaslush,
I am going to be as polite as I can given your circumstances. I am surprised at the restraint that some members have extended to you thus far.
Most everyone on this thread has attempted to assist you in various ways, and you've basically spit in their face!!
So listen up,
A good idea, would be to post pictures so that we can give you some expert opinions. At least that way you may get some closure.
A great idea, would be to drop this altogether, learn from it, and move on! Everyone knows what it's like to have been taken advantage of, or stolen from. We've all been there, and I know it is extremely frustrating. In fact a dear friend of mine (a member here) had a ridiculous amount stolen from him not to long ago, and he just dropped it and moved on.
A BAD idea would be to keep kicking everyone on the teeth that are trying to help you.
You are at the right place to learn more about escrap, processing, safety, and everything that goes with those. And we will be more than happy to facilitate that progress, but as Jon just said,
anachronism said:
So time to poop or get off the pot. Either present the facts or stop cluttering up our forum with your ranting. Which is is going to be?

Jon

this is what was returned...
I didn't take a pic of all the boards - there are 3 boxes
if you need closer or more pics - just ask

Attachments

• returncpu.jpg
    returncpu.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 226
  • returnfcpu.jpg
    returnfcpu.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 226
  • returnfingers.jpg
    returnfingers.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 225
  • returnpins.jpg
    returnpins.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 225
  • returnboards.jpg
    returnboards.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 226
The boards in the first pic still have ICs intact. Some of your gold is there. Some could be cemented in the inner layers of the boards, depending on how they were processed.

Not much gold to begin with in the bucket of pins in the second picture, but they look fully stripped.

The third pic of fingers includes some mid to lower grade stuff.

Fourth pic was low grade to start. I can't really tell from the pic if they were processed to recover the bit of gold they contain.

The ICs in the fifth pic probably still contain some of your gold.

Dave

Ok...so your pins are hard to tell, if they look like they have some black smut on them, that's gold. Otherwise you have nickel plate which has been leached of gold.

Processors - green/brown fiber type...they are done.

Fingers - done.

Processors - ceramic and black fiber...appear to have a majority of the gold intact. Hard to tell.

Boards - appear to have chips intact, which indicates a majority of the gold is still intact.

Overall, it's hard to say if what you got is a fair amount for what has been removed. It really depends on how it broke down between weights of boards vs processors vs fingers, etc.

Really need close up pics of the ceramics to be able to tell if they got the gold out or not, but I suspect they did not. Appears they just used a cyanide leach.

What's the weight of that pile of ceramics?

Just looking at it, I'd say you should have gotten a couple ounces from that alone. But, like I said, it appears most of that gold is still there...it's just hidden.

Had you posted these pictures long long ago you would have gotten a much different response.

Here's my opinion,
I see multiple things wrong. First off, in their description of their services, they discuss everything going to melt, which none of this was.
It looks as though everything was run through Cn. If that's the case, that would explain the black residue on the pins and the CPUs and pretty much everything there. It looks like the gold cemented on the exposed Cu and Ni. Chris and Harold taught me a long time ago that you never run pins in Cn. The surface to mass ratio of the base metals consumes the excess Cn and O2 causing the values to start cementing quickly.
Also I see what appears to be left over gold on those ceramics. That could also be explained if they were ran in Cn, because it will not dissolve the metal under the die. Also if the CPUs were not presoaked, some of your values were absorbed into the substrate.
Bottom line, it appears to me that you have a lot of values left in that material. It also appears to me, that the so called refinery did a horrible job.
If I were you, I would start studying, and process what you have there.
Thank you very much for posting these pictures.

Most of the gold in the ceramic CPU pile is still there ( last picture ). Bond wires and gold brazing is not touched. It also looks like a large portion of the CPU:s are black fiber types, they should not be processed with the ceramic CPU:s.

Göran

Definitely a cyanide leach.

The ceramic procs and the pins show signs of redeposition. As you've been told before there is certainly gold in the procs, and there appears to be some on the pins because it looks like they didn't do a thorough job of the leach.

They did a horrible job. All they did was to strip visible gold with cyanide leach. A poor job definitely but I do not think they cheated you out of money or gold. There is gold all over your material but honestly, your stuff is nothing special and even if you manage to salvage what is still left on your stuff result will not be much higher from what you already got.

The bulk of your material is printed circuit boards that do not have a lot of gold in gold plating no matter what they came from.

A lot of what you describe as high grade CPU are in fact mid to low grade and they should be processed differently. Ceramic needs to be broken to start with. Black fiber CPU needs to be processed differently as most of the gold is locked in a substrate in the middle which needs to be scraped off and incinerated.

You still have a lot of work to do to recover gold from your material.

I opened up the ceramic cpus
I only lost half of the value...

Attachments

• opened.jpg
    opened.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 135
seaslush said:
I opened up the ceramic cpus
I only lost half of the value...
I'm not sure I understand what you've lost. :? You've already received 2.7 ounces of refined gold. You have the scrap back, which contains the rest of your gold. Maybe it's just the wording and the history of this thread. If you recover what's left, you may be closer to your original expectations.

Dave

You do not need to "open" them but to smash them with a hammer to break each of them to like at least 4 pieces. Pick small square gold plated lids and process them separately. Other lids do not have much of the value but can be thrown in a stockpot as they do have quite a lot of copper in them. Also take out those black fiber CPU they also require different preparation with few more steps before the gold refining process.

Back