Eating palladium powder

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjavanb123

Hi everyone

Hope everyone is doing well with the pandemic. This just crossed my mind, what happens when one eat palladium black powder?

Does stomach acid which is like many times more powerful than sulfuric acid dissolves it?

Or does it just get discharged?

Thanks
KJ

Kevin my understanding is that the stomach acid is weak Hcl so I doubt it would touch the Pd.

Stomach acid aren't too fancy, it is mainly HCl, KCl and NaCl.
The fancy stuff is the enzymes that is in there, they are superbly adapted to break down organic matter.
For metals that don't dissolve in plain HCl I would not be too worried by the stomach itself.
But if I'm not mistaken there is a change in the smaller intestine where the PH change to over 7.
But that part may be only in my imagination though :wink:

But why one should eat PGM blacks is another story though :shock:

I sincerely hope you are joking with this question. But on the off chance you are serious, you would risk dying from heavy metal poisoning. Not to mention the ramifications it could potentially cause to the forum and the members here.
God forbid you were to die from doing that, and law enforcement discovered your account here, they may also find some things here, that some members may not want discovered. Or what if the "powers that be" decided to add more regulations and restrictions on chemicals that other members use in a daily basis? Over the years we've had countless members recount stories of how they had different "visitors" show up unannounced, like the police, fire department, and in one particular case "men in black".
So while your post is interesting, I truly pray you would never seriously try anything like that.
By the way, Lou you win an award for your comment. I almost spit my coffee out from laughing so hard.

I never saw those things that may follow up if God forbid, a member does something and it made pubic and media wow.

My question was purely curiosity. I guess some of it was due to a video I watched about conspiracy theorist and aliens etc about eating mono atomic gold particles lol

On more serious side, I have read somewhere that rhodium is used in medicines that cure cancer.

I am just so fascinates about PGMs.

I just roll with all the silver nitrate that gets on my hands and my body adsorbs. :mrgreen:

You no doubt my biggest concern is that the chemicals used in
PM recovery are so very close to the manufacturing of methamphetamines

I would vote heavy metal poisoning at some point...I don't miss those quarterly tests...

Palladium chloride used to be prescribed to inhibit the growth of mycobacterium tuberculosis.
From a medical journal- It poorly absorbs if ingested, but still highly toxic and should be treated as carcinogenic. :/

Back