Welcome In!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi and thanks Lazersteve!

Any info I find helpful regarding scrap electronics, I will be sure to post.

Now to get a copy of that "Bible".

Name : Orry
Sex : M
Profession : telecommunications
Hobbies : playing guitar
Interrests : gold
How long have you been refining gold? : a week
What are you looking for in our community? : more knowledge
How did you discovered our Forum? : research online

I have alot of telcom. curcuit boards. I have been just takeing the gold pins off to refine but I am kinda wondering is there more on them that I could extract. I even have some very high end fiberoptic boards I have a feeling there are alot of great metal including platinum. do you have any Idea how to find out or recover these metals. thanks I love this fourm

Hmm... Refining circuit boards is not easy of what I've heard. But you better ask on the forum because I never tried to refine those.

Name : Patrick
Sex : Male
Profession : CNC Programmer
Hobbies : Tattooing, Prospecting
Interrests : GOLD
How long have you been refining gold? : Just a Newbie
What are you looking for in our community? : Methods, Information, Knowledge
How did you discovered our Forum? : On the GPAA forum
Other : This is one of the most informative websites I've ever seen. This community and it's administrator should be applauded. Thank You.

Harve Pettigrew

Male / 36

Tonopah, AZ

Nuclear Plant Security

Fishing/Prospecting (new at that too)/Hunting (anything outdoors)

Brand New to it will be trying my first melt soon!

Looking for knowledge

Just looked you up on the net.

Name : Dmitry Sapunov
Sex : M
Profession :Gold recovery engineering (living earning)and Plasma Assisted Combustion (as scientific job in Kurchatov Instituteof Atomic Energy)
Hobbies : Gold refining/Skiing(Slovakia/Ural etc...)
Interrests : Painting
How long have you been refining gold? : 3 years
What are you looking for in our community? : It is interesting to know how is it done in US, Canada etc. And people of course. It is great to know people from the other part of the world doing the same job))))
How did you discovered our Forum? : I just typed "Gold recovery" in Youtube search bar ))))
Other :

to Noxx---->
I hope you enjoy photo and video I have posted ))))

Attachments

• 1snapshot20070314222911.JPG
    1snapshot20070314222911.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 254
Yeah! It is a kind of prototype of Pulsed Detonation Drive. It has special ingition system(not a spark,but pulsed corona discharge), and this was done as a part of GE grant.

Dmitry,

The PDD is way cool!!!

Thanks for the video and I love your job!!! :lol:

What's the Isp (specific impulse ) of the PDD?

Can it be used in a rail gun configuration? :twisted: :lol: 8)

Steve

Yeah.
We have measured impulse (kg/m3s) in two ways
1.Direct measurements(Ballistic hanger)
and
2.Measuring pressure histories at the end of the tube with pressure transducers.

Two results for each mixture were pretty same almost everywhere and varried from 500 to 3000 kg/ m3s(depending on fuel mixture for single shot from one tube).
I hope we will publish some of the unpublished results somewhere in Russian(or maybe in E.U. or U.S.) journals.There will be something about this topic and i will send you the article (if it is in English) if you want.

Name : GoodAsBullion
Sex : F
Profession : Accounting/Writing/Marketing
Hobbies : Computers, Photography, Stained glass
How long have you been refining gold? : Just beginning to learn.
What are you looking for in our community? : HELP! I don't want to kill myself.
How did you discovered our Forum? : I found Megan Rose's site and just knew there were other sources for information that didn't cost an arm and a leg. So I surfed and found y'all.

Other : I have been helping friends with their computers for years and all computers seem to come to my house after they die. I have been cobbling computers together for friends that can't afford new computers. I figured I needed to find a way to recycle the scrap that's left. I have a spare bedroom full of old computers.

I also wish I lived in a state that was known more for gold mining. I took enough geology courses in college that I'm fascinated by mining. I guess I'll just have to mine my spare bedroom and try not to kill myself in the process. That's where y'all come in! :D

Back