Just watched a very disturbing refining video

Heres the place to chat about everything else.
Johnny5
Country of Origin: United States

Just watched a very disturbing refining video

Post by Johnny5 » May 23rd, 2020, 11:54 am

Actually I shouldn't have described it as a refining video, it's more like........ Well I don't really know what to call it.
But one thing is for sure, someone needs to stop this guy and fast. He's on one of my Facebook pages, and claims to have several pounds of rhodium ( I'll wait for you to stop laughing).

He has a few other videos, and a quick summary is that they are all roughly on the same intellect level.
Here's the video, have fun.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ltSi9WMXWVc
His other videos- https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChnI7gxO ... K1w/videos
You are what you write.
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something...Harold_V

galenrog
Country of Origin: USA

Re: Just watched a very disturbing refining video

Post by galenrog » May 23rd, 2020, 1:24 pm

There is another YouTube channel I will NOT subscribe to.

Time for Dutch Bros. And lunch at Mo’s.
Mine gold. Buy silver. Fills the safe faster.

Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 » May 23rd, 2020, 1:35 pm

galenrog wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 1:24 pm
There is another YouTube channel I will NOT subscribe to.

Time for Dutch Bros. And lunch at Mo’s.
I really wanted to post the thread from Facebook, but I think it would "muddy" up the situation. But it's comical to watch the FB members trying to educate this young man, and then the members that bash the people trying to educate him. I believe I'm the only one that hasn't been bashed yet in the thread, but I'm sure it's coming soon. I watched a couple of his other videos, and just sat here shaking my head in disbelief. I can honestly say, I am amazed that he hasn't killed himself yet.
You are what you write.
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something...Harold_V

jimdoc

Post by jimdoc » May 23rd, 2020, 2:30 pm

Johnny5 wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 1:35 pm
I can honestly say, I am amazed that he hasn't killed himself yet.
I don't think he will post that video.

stella polaris
Country of Origin: norway

Post by stella polaris » May 24th, 2020, 12:20 am

"I'm not trying to be completely anonymous" :lol:

Well, at least he had some type of gloves on. But for a moment one of the films was looking like one of those Syrian Jihad terrorist gopros, when the owner got shot. I was thinking that he went down when only the sky were to be seen.

nickvc
Country of Origin: England

Post by nickvc » May 24th, 2020, 2:37 am

Sounds like he was working next to the road and a busy one at that, I’m guessing he hasn’t had much success so far and the hole he had dug was to pour the toxic waste into and then simply fill it in :o

Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 » May 25th, 2020, 9:32 am

This young man from the videos posted a picture on facebook of him holding a rather large rock in one hand, and he stated it was rhodium ore. Based on a couple of other posts I had read from him, I thought he was insinuating that it was pure rhodium, so I explained that I was positive it was not pure, and why I thought that. Now I do not refine rhodium, so I will let you guys dissect his reply.
This was his reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You are what you write.

Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 » May 25th, 2020, 9:39 am

And for reference, here are pictures of the rock, "before and after the nitric baths"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You are what you write.

jarlowski1
Country of Origin: us

Post by jarlowski1 » May 25th, 2020, 11:04 am

I believe Rhodium resists aqua regia pretty strongly and would explain why he would have had to leave it in for 2 months to get it to fully dissolve, but you can overcome this if you reflux the solution. In his case it would probably take a week on reflux. The rest of the process I don't know.