• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

12.45 pounds of DDR / DDR2 memory on ebay

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glorycloud

I have a small lot of memory for sale on ebay. It's priced at the top of the
market but there is a make offer option for it. :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/332570027114?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Proceeds of the sale go to help provide laptops and computers to those in need.
Look here for my current project:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/SmoothStoneMinistriesInternational/posts/?ref=page_internal

Thanks!

Just for grins, I added some 1G DDR2 memory for gold scrap. 8)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/332570808131?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Still a tad steep for my taste ;) too bad the pricing is in # & $, my math is eluding me this evening, anyways, 20 eur/kg is what I would offer...

Non-profit thing is a nice little touch, though...

-Artūrs

don`t be cynical, It is all for a greater good:

Non-profit buys laptops -> laptops get scrapped

circle of life, it`s all about turnover, really

-Artūrs

There's always one in the crowd. :roll:

No salaries paid in this non-profit.
No stipend of any sort for yours truly.

I simply enjoy helping people in need. 8)

Wow, good luck with the auctions, they are both around double the maximum I have ever paid for scrap ram and I doubt there is any profit whatsoever for whoever buys it. I guess if the Gold price doubles or triples over the next xx years then it will seem like a bargain.

You may be right. I don't remember ever selling scrap memory on eBay before.
I just try and gauge the market by what similar lots have sold for on eBay.

Perhaps what is selling from $18 to $19 a pound is skewed in price because the
buyers are pulling out DDR2 and DDR3 memory for reuse? Anyway, I will research
what the scrap buyers are paying and go from there I guess. I'm not in love with
the memory. It needs a good home. 8)

It looks like scrap pricing off eBay is $15.25 to $15.50, so I accepted an offer at $190 for the big lot.
That's about a nice refurbished laptop with Office, so I am content. :)

glorycloud said:
There's always one in the crowd. :roll:

No salaries paid in this non-profit.
No stipend of any sort for yours truly.

I simply enjoy helping people in need. 8)

That's cool, I know you're doing this for the good of others. You know I'm being cynical here and it's based on the myriad of "not for profits" around including charities that pay their execs $250,000 per year 8) 8)

$250k is pretty pale in comparison to this guy
http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Media/Slideshow/2012/12/20/10-Insanely-Overpaid-Nonprofit-Execs

The last batch of DDR I sold on eBay was too much trouble. I let it go cheap just to get rid of it, very plainly stated in my post it was all used and untested sold as is, yada, yada.

And of course the clown that bought it started complaining right off, this one doesn't work, that one doesn't work, didn't you test them, do you have a return warranty, waah waah. I would up sending him 5 more sticks just to shut him up.

Haven't sold any since then, I trim them, process the gold off the fingers and sell the trimmed sticks to someone who will process the chips on them.

I could get more on flea bay, but I'm done with them. (Now if I could just get the wife to stop buying crap there.)

glorycloud said:
It looks like scrap pricing off eBay is $15.25 to $15.50, so I accepted an offer at $190 for the big lot.
That's about a nice refurbished laptop with Office, so I am content. :)

That is a great price, not even worth considering refining them when you can get that much just on-selling them.

Back