128 mb memory

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I have a few hundred 128 mb memory cards. I plan to soak in hcl to remove base metals , wash then use hcl/ bleach to remove gold. Any problem with this? Thanks in advance.

i sure hope you gonna depopulate them before the AP treatment... otherwise you will have a big mess seperating the components from the foils....
after depopulation your good for AP and HCL+Cl

save the AP solution, and regenerate it with a fish tank air bubbler for a few days, when it gets back to green and you can see through it, it's ready for your next batch... after all, you said you have a few hundred of them... use your chemicals wisely and economically.

good luck
SAMUEL

removing all of the components from the boards. (IC's, capacitors,resistors etc')

its usually better to cut off gold fingers and use HCl/peroxide to get gold foils then using HCl/bleach to dissolve clean foils,

it is not as much the components that creates so much trouble as it is the tin and lead from solder that give you a nightmare.

wavecrazed said:
Ram doesn't have any populations right?

Only if it has fleas, bed mites or lice.

Ram has the chips on it that need to be removed before processing in any chemicals. Unless you want to soak the whole thing in HCL and remove the chips, solder and then finish processing.

Latest posts

Back