20LBS CPU

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icyboy94

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and was hoping someone could answer some questions.
I have 20lbs of CPU's.
Could someone please give me a rough estimate as to how much gold could be yielded from this amount.
About half seems to be early 2000s.
The other half is within the last decade.

Attachments

• 20211224_140225.jpg
    20211224_140225.jpg
    542.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 16403745387044677257877480308595.jpg
    16403745387044677257877480308595.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 35
Some CPUs have almost no gold. You probably don't have any rich ones. Using a ball mill and incineration steps will get you some gold bonding wires. Effective yields I've heard can be between 1/100 and 1/1000 roughly of the input. Maybe easier to use a guesstimate per CPU, which I think is going to ride around $3-5 worth of gold each for your lot. So 20-ish CPUs can get you a gram of gold if recovery is done well.
5lbs of CPUs just sold today on eBay for $50 plus shipping. I hope this helps!

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and was hoping someone could answer some questions.
I have 20lbs of CPU's.
Could someone please give me a rough estimate as to how much gold could be yielded from this amount.
About half seems to be early 2000s.
The other half is within the last decade.
You must specify which type they are. Every CPU has different gold content, and many of them contain just few mg of gold per piece. More modern=less gold (most of the times). Ceramic units have usually more gold than fiber ones. You can search each type for gold content, there are plentiful of information here.
Without specification, we could not help much.

Didn't see any wirebond CPUs, only flip chips. Yield from that lot probably 2-3 grams.

The yeild on the no pin CPU is about $7 per pound
Pinned P4 is about $13 per pound and the purple ceramic will vary depending on the amount of plating and the age of the cpu from $38 per pound to as much as $130 per pound of material and the effectiveness of your process. Any i3 i5 i7 CPUs you may have in your pile will net up to 20X gold recovery if sold as a working unit

You must specify which type they are. Every CPU has different gold content, and many of them contain just few mg of gold per piece. More modern=less gold (most of the times). Ceramic units have usually more gold than fiber ones. You can search each type for gold content, there are plentiful of information here.
Without specification, we could not help much.

Without specification, we could not help

I just did 75 pieces, pinned fiber and pinless Cpus 1.65 grams of gold powder will melt. Doing another 75 mixed Cpus today will let you know Monday.

Back