• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

37.1g of Gold Buttons For Sale ***SOLD***

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking to sell these buttons, they're from refinings I've done myself and each one represents a single refining. The largest is 7.82g and the smallest is .61g. Total weight of all is 37.1g.

The last button produced, the one directly above the "22", is the only one having a mirror finish, the rest have an etched surface from using them to kill the AR that produced that "22" button. Using all the buttons killed the AR as fast as possible.

1.JPG
2.JPG

I've sold gold here on the forum once before, to scrapman1077. That single reference isn't much but it's better than nothing, that transaction was back in 2015.
So make me an offer before gold hits $1,800oz. If you need any further information, let me know.

Nice looking pile of change sitting there.

Too bad my pockets are empty, I would like to bury those outback on my property.

Good job, the gold looks great.

Isn't it funny how people are about gold, they seem to be over willing to pay a high premium over spot for electronic scrap with a flash of gold, some ore sample, a picker from the creek, some blob of melted pins that have a trace, some rocks from a smelters dump pile, coins, scrap jewelry even those hallmarked dubiously...

But in general the uneducated in refining will hesitate to buy such pretty buttons with a pipe showing purity and skill in refining, where they are surer to get their money worth in gold value.

I suppose we could just blame it on not being educated and gold fever.

Nice looking buttons :mrgreen: :G

Chondrule said:
So make me an offer before gold hits $1,800oz. If you need any further information, let me know.

per the underlined - where did you buy your crystal ball --- I ask because I want one to :lol: :twisted:

Joking aside - it would be good if you posted an "asking price" --- subject to "best offer"

in other words - I have bought gold from members - they posted their "asking price" - I then made a an offer for a "few" percent under their asking price - they sold to me & both I & they walked away feeling good about the deal :mrgreen: 8)

Kurt

Yes. Please post an asking price. I might also be interested.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice looking buttons for sure. If you'd like to trade for refining chemicals (nitric, etc) for 1-2 smaller buttons then please PM me.

A number of you are commenting about an asking price, I should do that since that's what you want, but for now I think there's something more important that needs addressing.

What I was trying to express is that each button represents a single and separate batch, each was a different refining job, not that the gold was put through the refining process only once. After I do the initial drop of gold from a filthy solution and rinse that precipitate with water, I do a hard boil in hydrochloric, then it's back to the AR, a second precipitation and a second hydrochloric boil.

A couple of these buttons have even underwent the process three times, I've gone down that road of melting up my gold prematurely, I really don't like doing that anymore and would much rather do a third refining just to be sure before putting the gold in a crucible.

The point is, this gold is pure, it would not have been if I had only done a single precipitation. I should've specifically mentioned this purity before instead of just attaching images.

Chondrule said:
The point is, this gold is pure, it would not have been if I had only done a single precipitation. I should've specifically mentioned this purity before instead of just attaching images.

The purity is evident from the buttons, whether they were refined once, twice, or thrice. 8)

Dave

Ok so here's what I'd be satisfied with getting, 95% of spot price.

With the current spot price hovering around $1,539oz, I come up with a price of $1,744 for this 37.1g, but of course you're welcome to make me an offer which some of you have already done. If I did the math there wrong, let me know.

I will ship via Priority Mail Flat Rate Box, insured. I'm not sure if signature confirmation is necessary or even possible, but this might not be such a bad thing either.

It was a pleasure doing business with Chondrule.

Communication was excellent and everything went as we agreed.

The buttons looked even better in person.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back