A Decade as a GRF Student: The Progress Report

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE: My endeavors have continued to pay dividends to the point to where I am now advancing my equipment purchases...
20201223_121505.jpg
Powder collecting chambers for the Bico pulverizer
20201223_121420.jpg
Baldura 3 hp/ 4 pulley motor for Bico
20201223_121309.jpg
Bico rock pulverizer
20201223_121433.jpg
Hammer mill rock crusher
20201223_121444.jpg

This lil item is an industrial grade water pumping system that runs on a 1 hp Dayton motor that was an added extra to my purchase... Ideal for water removal from flooded shafts :lol:

Not a bad haul for $1000.00 imho... :mrgreen:

20201223_121338.jpg

Im eyeballing a couple of zirconium crucibles, I have to review the applications... Anyone ever use zirconium crucibles before? Your input is appreciated !

My heart goes out to you on the lose of your wife. I can't imagine the pain and hurt. My wife and I have been married for 35 years and counting. Just the thought of something happening to her frightens me to no end.

Very nice post. Thank you for sharing.

Greetings to the membership! I created this post a year ago woohoo. And if anyone has noticed Ive been silent. A lot has transpired... So here's the update! 😝

My sojourn into Arizona territory has become a literal treasure hunt. From the vuggy quartz veins and silver/ lead lode deposits of the White Hills to the placer deposits within the Gold Basin/ Lost Basin districts (and the tales Ive listened to from mine operators there), the quality of the untouched deposits I've discovered exploded...image000000(2).jpg
received_1119458991909935.jpeg

Meadview, Arizona is situated within the Grand Cliffs Wash, and is situated within the Joshua Tree Forest of Arizona. On one side you can see Lake Mead, and on the other the Grand Canyon!. Its here where I ran into people from work who I knew!!

They have a compound set up for placer mining right there with all the hardware one could want so i moved my operation to Meadview!
20210730_204858.jpg20210730_210128.jpg20210730_210218.jpg

These guys are preparing placer work and want me aboard... And so here goes a new chapter in my mining experiences!. I' ll update soon!

I have a question for you regarding your favorite method for processing these pins in the pic:
niclke tip pins.jpg

I had about 15# of them and I've processed about half of them thru PMAR. The reason is that, when run thru the sulphuric cell, It missed de-plating much of the gold for obvious reasons...

Running them thru PMAR I've recovered 3g/#... I've also processed the same type of pins, but without the nickel "sleeve" and the yield has been around 5g/#.

I will post some pic's later and more comments!
Also, waiting for others to pitch in! 8)

Thank you!
Phil

Back