about SPEKTROFOTOMETRE - XRF

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeRKaN PGM HuNTeR

Hello all,

These devices are very expensive in my country, don't they have second hand or other models that only show noble metals? of these devices. As a novice individual, I only have 365 and 254 NM UV flashlights, I feel that I need other devices when I go down to the deep sea.

Respect

I intend to dredge up soil and small stone units, eg heavy black sand sinking to the bottom and scales like that.

There is a lot of heavy sand in the areas where the volcanic land and the fault line passes, it is silver-colored, but I have difficulty in chemical processes because I do not know what it is.

Attachments

• Adsız.png
    Adsız.png
    439.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
You could smelt a bit of the cleaned non magnetic concentrate with lead as collector, cupel it in a bone ash cupel and dissolve the button in hot AR and test with stannous for pgm's. Or have the concentrate assayed or the button XRF tested.

Do you have a plan or operation to process the mined ore if it's rich enough?

i have a level 1 open environment small lab :) I have doubts because the platinum group metals are gray, so I was thinking of a portable small xrf device, complicated devices belonging to the jewelry industry are very expensive, so I asked you, the senior members of the forum, for an opinion.

Just my opinion, I would look at the tried and true methods of prospecting and mining.

I can not see where using x-ray radiation to bombard rocks and have them shoot off photons would be any good in finding anything of value if it indeed existed in the area.

If there are platinum group metals of any concern, My choice of tool for finding it would be a gold pan to do the testing and sampling of what area to work and a dredge with a sluice box, or other simple tools to separate the values from the gangue ore by gravity means.

Most all rocks have a density of around 5 or less (a measurement of volume and weight).
any of the values are heavier than lead with a density of 11.3, if you can keep the small pieces of lead metal in a gold pan you can keep or capture the gold in the pan, as well as capture or keep the platinum in the gold pan if you lose your lead while panning you are most likely tossing the values too. Small pieces of lead can also be used to set up the proper angle and water flow through a sluice or gravity system.

Most all rocks have a density of around 5 or less (a measurement, volume, and weight).
any of the values are heavier than lead with a density of 11.3,

Approximate density for some of the metals in question.
Lead 11.3
palladium 12
tungsten 19
uranium 19
gold 19.3
platinum 21.5
osmium 22

Quickest and cheapest method is to send your gravity concentrates for analysis. ICP from a reputable lab will generally give you 32 elements with reasonable accuracy. If there is a mining college in Turkey, they may perform the analysis for you as part of their labs.

In Turkey? I would avoid alerting the established order for hostile take over reasons... not the most liberal and equal chance nation in the world, Turkey.

Try being a reporter over there and stay out of jail.
I guess it is a reason for him asking here in stead of at the colleagues at home.

Hello Martin;

I'm a catholic and I'm on the wing that it is difficult to live in Turkey. Yes, you are right, unfair competition, preventing real information, everything is available.

Any place far from science and logic is dangerous for smart people. Real Turks have a proverb; They asked the wild wolf, why is your neck thick, and the answer was that I would do my own thing. That's why I'm where science is, that's why I use your platform.

Radical Islamist politicians have recently changed the law.

You have 10 million dollars, you want to import gold, you can't. Only authorized establishments can import gold and precious metals by the decision of the Council of Ministers. Today, even scrap porcelain processors are not allowed to be imported. That's why I wander alone in nature.

As a result, even after the dinosaurs died, the Anatolian lands were under the ocean, and then the connection to the mainland was completely untouched by this country's lands, scientifically speaking.

I hope I have expressed myself with my terrible English, I would like to thank everyone who took the time to show interest.

Regards

Last edited:
Back