About to throw it away

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

19d513

I have a jar of gold suspended in (mostly) neutralized aqua Regia solution.

The first run was a success. I had added the chemical to subdue the acid and the other to drop the gold and it did drop once… I filtered off the waste and I should’ve just melted down what I had (nice sized pile) but I did another run with the chemicals in an attempt to purify it more. I had done the same process it the gold never seemed the drop again. The acid also doesn’t seem to be totally neutralized. I had done this several years back. At the the time my estimate was about half an oz - 3/4 0z yield give or take?

If someone can help me figure out where to go from here or better yet, if someone is in or near CINCINNATI I would love to try to work up a deal. I am willing to pay for help, and or willing to share whatever gold we are able to recover.

Thank you

If unsure just add copper to the solution and leave for a few weeks. If there is gold in solution it will come out as a fine powder which can be collected and you can start again or melt it and sell it on.

I suspect you have just used too much nitric in your 2nd refine and have not fully neutralised it.

Welcome to the forum.
Be more specific about which chemicals you used.
Cementing on copper will be your best option.
The AR solution needs to be acidic for the SMB to work. No need to neutralize. Only excess nitric is a problem.

Hi, I'm interested but I need you to give me some pictures, if possible, state, product, materials, current situation, well specified and clear

also as said above all the product that you used or the packaging, what did you use which acid, the solution that you recovered, did you make it yourself or did you recover it without making it, what color is it

all the details please
need help -----> mp

Back