African Seller

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raydenintl

Hello to everyone who comes across this message,
Any willing buyer interested to buy gold in Uganda feel free to contact me.
šŸ“±: +447341 063323 262065711_136703425385192_1071453642320517897_n.jpg

If serious, Contact +44 7341 063323 so that we will be able to proceed..
This holds all the hallmarks of scamming, wrong region, wrong idea of transport and so on.

YOU, will have to somehow prove/convince it is not a scam.
Nobody in this forum will touch such Gold while in Africa, maybe not even after.

This holds all the hallmarks of scamming, wrong region, wrong idea of transport and so on.

YOU, will have to somehow prove/convince it is not a scam.
Nobody in this forum will touch such Gold while in Africa, maybe not even after.
Please enlighten me on how or the best way I can sell my gold without being thought of being a scammer? I believe you can advise me and others like me in the forum.

You know one of them you share contacts? Because if I had one serious one I would not be in the forum looking for one.

You know one of them you share contacts? Because if I had one serious one I would not be in the forum looking for one.
Where do you get the Gold?
If it is a mining area, there should be buyers around.
That should be a good place to startšŸ˜

Please enlighten me on how or the best way I can sell my gold without being thought of being a scammer? I believe you can advise me and others like me in the forum.
Hi raydenintl,

Your problem is that nearly every African who joined this forum in order to sell his gold or whatever was a scammer.

In the background of your photo, I can see some equipment usually used by (semi-)professional smelter. These people know where to sell gold.

Good luck!

actually, his phone number is from the uk, so if he can somehow smuggle that bar back home, he should have no problem selling it ...

give the guy a break ... he joined in august and has been refining ever since in order to bring you this fantastic offer today of all days .

i'm hoping if its way below spot i can get in on this deal of lifetime as well. today seems like a great day for deals in a number of different threads :D

if i could afford the long distance charges i would phone him right now ...

but i just had a great idea ! can someone put ray in touch with jim from midwest ? and if the deal goes through i want only 1% of the value of the transaction , after all, it was my idea :D

There is an easy fix to this problem, if you truly want to prove that you and this gold is real , no problem, make a video of you , melting. This gold , send me some to refine ,

On video on.my channel,
Or make all kinds of beads , cions, chains ,, rings ,

And sale them on ebay , amazon, Facebook market place ,they charge shipping , and offer a money back guarantee, , , so you can't scam , , if this gold is real , ill sale all of it for you , gold is a great commodity, and the price is rising again , may make it to the best price yet , , but yes you must understand there are so many scammers , out there , and the USA can't touch them or find them or have the resources, so in to many cases the consumer take the lost , try my suggestion, I want and need gold all the time , and im tired of the work and mess it is to get gold from electronic, good luck with your gold , I pray that you atlest try me suggestion!, its whats best , the buyers will beat you over the head. Trust me ! They pay penny wight when a Troy once is wighted by the gram,

the buyers will beat you over the head. Trust me ! They pay penny wight when a Troy once is wighted by the gram,
Per the bold print - that is not quite true - if a troy ounce was in fact weighted by the gram it would be an even 31 grams (or some other even number) - rather the 31.1 grams --- ever wonder why that .1 (point 1) gram in a troy ounce?????

Because the troy ounce is based on the grain system of weight/measurement - which is originally derived from the ancient system of weight wherein a single grain of barley was used as "weight unit standard"

In other words - in ancient times - a grain of barley was used as the standard for small & accurate weighing

Grains of barley of course can be different sizes & therefore slightly different in weight - so - as systems of weight became more accurate the "grain" standard of weight was "set" at exactly 64.79891 milligrams (the average weight of a grain of barley when they "set" the standard)

Pennyweight - the pennyweight has long been the common weight used in the valuation and measurement of precious metals

Why ? --- because a troy ounce has exactly 480 grains in it - so in the grain system of weights a troy ounce has an even number of grains to it (480) & not a decimal number to it - because the troy once is originated on the grain system rather then some other system

So where did the pennyweight come from --- in the middle ages the English penny was set at 1/20 (one twentieth) troy ounce (copper) so 480 grains divided by 20 = exactly 24 grains - or one pennyweight

Now then - 1 gram = 15.4322584 grains - therefore if you do the math in grains - using 1/20 troy ounce for a pennyweight (24 grains) a pennyweight = 1.555 grams - & if you multiply 1.555 grams X 20 = 31.1 grams per troy ounce

That is where the .1 (point 1) gram in a troy ounce comes from --- it is because the troy ounce is based on a grain system of weight measurement & not a gram system of weight measurement

And that is why - to this day - some gold buyers still buy gold based on the pennyweight - & why digital scales have a dwt (pennyweight) mode

So it really does not matter whether you calculate by the gram or by the pennyweight it calculates out the same

Example; - if gold is say $1850 ozt

$1850 divided by 20 (pennyweight) = $92.50 per pennyweight divided by 1.555 = $59.485 per gram (buyer will drop the 1/2 cent & round down to $59.48)

$1850 divided by 31.1 (grams) = $59.485 per gram (buyer will round down to $59.48)

If you have the scale set in pennyweight mode & put 1 gram gold on it the scale will read 0.643 pennyweight

Therefore at $92.50 per pennyweight X 0.643 = $59.4775 worth gold (so buyer will add the 1//4 cent & round up to $59.48)

That is of course considering the scale is accurate & properly calibrated - in other words whether you weigh by the gram or the pennyweight it will calculate out the same - provided the scale is accurate & properly calibrated

For what it is worth - 1 grain gold - at $1850 is worth $3.8541666666666

Kurt

Last edited:
To clarify my last post - whether you calculate you gold value by gram or by pennyweight does not mater

It is just two different mathematical ways of determining the same value of the gold you put on the scale

Calculating value by the gram --- you take the price of gold & divide it by 31.1 grams - that gives you the per gram price - you then multiply the gram price by the gram weight - which then tells you the value of the gold on the scale

Calculating by the penny weight --- you take the price of gold & divide that by 20 - that gives you the per pennyweight price - you then multiply the pennyweight price by the pennyweight weight - which then tells you the value of the gold on the scale

Ether way - the value of your gold on the scale will be the same --- provided your scale is accurate & properly calibrated

If you wanted to - you can/could come to the very same "gold value" by weighing the gold in grains rather then grams or pennyweight

In that case --- you would divide the price of gold by 480 - that gives you per grain price - you then multiply the grain price by the grain weight - which then tells you the value of the gold on the scale

So you have 3 different mathematical ways to calculate the same value of the same piece gold - it is just a question of how you go about scaling it

Kurt

Last edited:
Per the bold print - that is not quite true - if a troy ounce was in fact weighted by the gram it would be an even 31 grams (or some other even number) - rather the 31.1 grams --- ever wonder why that .1 (point 1) gram in a troy ounce?????

Because the troy ounce is based on the grain system of weight/measurement - which is originally derived from the ancient system of weight wherein a single grain of barley was used as "weight unit standard"

In other words - in ancient times - a grain of barley was used as the standard for small & accurate weighing

Grains of barley of course can be different sizes & therefore slightly different in weight - so - as systems of weight became more accurate the "grain" standard of weight was "set" at exactly 64.79891 milligrams (the average weight of a grain of barley when they "set" the standard)

Pennyweight - the pennyweight has long been the common weight used in the valuation and measurement of precious metals

Why ? --- because a troy ounce has exactly 480 grains in it - so in the grain system of weights a troy ounce has an even number of grains to it (480) & not a decimal number to it - because the troy once is originated on the grain system rather then some other system

So where did the pennyweight come from --- in the middle ages the English penny was set at 1/20 (one twentieth) troy ounce (copper) so 480 grains divided by 20 = exactly 24 grains - or one pennyweight

Now then - 1 gram = 15.4322584 grains - therefore if you do the math in grains - using 1/20 troy ounce for a pennyweight (24 grains) a pennyweight = 1.555 grams - & if you multiply 1.555 grams X 20 = 31.1 grams per troy ounce

That is where the .1 (point 1) gram in a troy ounce comes from --- it is because the troy ounce is based on a grain system of weight measurement & not a gram system of weight measurement

And that is why - to this day - some gold buyers still buy gold based on the pennyweight - & why digital scales have a dwt (pennyweight) mode

So it really does not matter whether you calculate by the gram or by the pennyweight it calculates out the same

Example; - if gold is say $1850 ozt

$1850 divided by 20 (pennyweight) = $92.50 per pennyweight divided by 1.555 = $59.485 per gram (buyer will drop the 1/2 cent & round down to $59.48)

$1850 divided by 31.1 (grams) = $59.485 per gram (buyer will round down to $59.48)

If you have the scale set in pennyweight mode & put 1 gram gold on it the scale will read 0.643 pennyweight

Therefore at $92.50 per pennyweight X 0.643 = $59.4775 worth gold (so buyer will add the 1//4 cent & round up to $59.48)

That is of course considering the scale is accurate & properly calibrated - in other words whether you weigh by the gram or the pennyweight it will calculate out the same - provided the scale is accurate & properly calibrated

For what it is worth - 1 grain gold - at $1850 is worth $3.8541666666666

Kurt
This is correct. I use grams because I learned grams first. But my palladium buyer uses pennyweight. Actually a lot of buyers I know use pennyweight. As long as your math is correct, as he stated, it doesn't make a difference. The money comes out the same. In my experience, since pennyweight is 20 per toz, it's actually easier, I'm just too old to change now. You just have to be more careful if they want to round down to to even pennyweight.

I am just curious as to why someone who knows how to find and refine gold has no idea of how or where to sell it in there own country? I am confused by all of these posts from African nations all of a sudden not knowing where to sell there gold ? If they can find this web sight why not local gold buyers ?

Back