Alchemy and The Big Con

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the heads up Irons! I was just learning to use the scope at this time so all samples went back into their bag and no notes were taken. I probably still have it all but will take some time to relocate, seperate, take lots of notes and catalogue or index to be found when wanted. Any simple safe tests for the elimination of weld slag possibility of the spheres for a novice! Have a great day. allan

Almost anywhere you find Platinum, then more then likely some Diamonds will be found as well. Don't get too excited. Small Diamonds are really not that rare, but it's fun finding one under the microscope. Diamond powder is fairly inexpensive, just a few dollars a gram and it takes a bit of work to get a pure material thats saleable.
Keep an eye out in your pan. It has a specific gravity of 3.52, so it will settle in with the black sand. Unfortunately, Garnet is has about the same density and there's tons of garnet hereabouts.

It seems like there's quite a bit of what looks like Zircon in that mix. Britain just approved the construction of new reactors and Zirconium is used quite extensively in the construction. You may have more values in the Zircon sand than in any precious metals.

Try using a rare-earth magnet to remove the dark material.

Thanks Irons, I've been using a standard magnet but will look into getting a rare-earth magnet. Something I came across today as I was panning out 3 crushed samples. All three upon dehydrating the magnetics turned dark brown and hard. They do crush back up by hand with a little effort. I use 100% recycle water and a week ago I done some panning with rubbing alchohol, any chance it is responsible? One sample also left me with a dark grey foam, froth that does not feel greasy, and wouldn't settle with dishsoap or jetdry. Several samples over the last couple of weeks have had pyrite in them. Any ideas anyone. Thanks, allan

allanwcoty said:
Thanks Irons, I've been using a standard magnet but will look into getting a rare-earth magnet. Something I came across today as I was panning out 3 crushed samples. All three upon dehydrating the magnetics turned dark brown and hard. They do crush back up by hand with a little effort. I use 100% recycle water and a week ago I done some panning with rubbing alchohol, any chance it is responsible? One sample also left me with a dark grey foam, froth that does not feel greasy, and wouldn't settle with dishsoap or jetdry. Several samples over the last couple of weeks have had pyrite in them. Any ideas anyone. Thanks, allan

If you have an old dead 3 1/2 inch hard drive laying about, you can salvage the read/write head magnets. If you try to remove them from the assembly, use a thin blade such as a single edge razor blade as they are very brittle. They are located at the base of the arm that goes across the platter.
Be careful, they are powerful enough to give you a nasty pinch if you get some appendage caught between them and something magnetic. Not something for little kids to play with.

Irons said:
If you have an old dead 3 1/2 inch hard drive laying about, you can salvage the read/write head magnets. .........snip...... Not something for little kids to play with.

I guess my kids are tougher than yourn..... the magnets i tried to keep away from my 3 kids have all disappeared so i am gonna have to rip another drive or two apart and get the magnets..... and keep the platters for the Pt on them since they are the newer ones.... though there probably isnt much it all adds up after a fashion.....

And on my kids being tough, if they get hurt when they are doing something they aint supposed to, they dont cry [for the most part, cause they know there aint much sympathy for being hurt while going against what they knew was the wrong thing to do..... [ok they get hugged and loved anyway, but i at least get to put up that tough front]

William
Idaho

Well Irons, I didn't read your post close enough and just got through pulling apart a 3 1/2" Floppy drive. Guess the hard drive is next. Dropped trash and picked up a 97 gateway w/pentium II processor as well as some exhaust pipe w/pre and catalytic converter & O2 sensor. Anyways I'll play with the hard drive next. Have a great day. allan

Is this the one Platdigger :arrow:

Joe Champion

In the 1990s, Joe Champion announced a variety of methods of transmutations of black sands by thermal burns, melts and kinetic methods. He was convicted of fraud in Arizona after being accused by an irate investor who failed to achieve satisfactory results. Other researchers (including the physicists Bockris and Sundaresan, 1994) validated his processes, however, so the question remains open for experiment.

The process was developed from a method of "growing gold" in an electrolytic cell that was originally developed by Dr. Walter Lussage, a Czechoslovakian geologist (d. 1977). Dr. Lussage revealed his process to Mr. Jack Keller, who taught it to Joe Champion in 1989. Champion subsequently developed the method further.

You know i can see at least one person trying this. They might not tell it, but some one will try it. If it works , please let me know. lol

The original formula is quite simple: black sand (90 gr), charcoal (90 gr), and sodium nitrate (270 gr), pulverized to 200 mesh and mixed thoroughly. The reagents must be pulverized separately to avoid ignition. The mixture is ignited with a torch; it burns about 90 seconds, reaching a temperature of about 700° C. In one assay, the mixture contained 0.18 mg Au and 1.35 mg Ag before ignition; after ignition it contained 212.7 mg Au and 856.8 mg Ag.

Black sand typically is composed of 40% magnetite (Fe3O4), hematite (Fe2O3), or chalcopyrite (CuFeS2). The necessary parental isotopes (cobalt, iron, manganese, nickel, and calcium) must be present, according to the formula:

Co59 + Ca40-44 = Ag99-103
Ni60-64 + Ca44 = Cd104-108

The addition of a molar proportion of lead enabled the atoms of gold to be collected as they formed, and served as an absorptive shield for radioactivity released in the reaction.

Another formula for the thermal burn process was carbon (300 gr), potassium nitrate (900 gr), sulfur (80 gr), silica (120 gr), ferrous sulfate (100 gr), cadmium (30 gr), mercury chloride (100 gr), lead oxide (50 gr), silver (5 gr), and calcium oxide (30 gr).

In one test that Champion described, the thermal melt process was accomplished in a gas-fired or inductively heated furnace, vented to release gases liberated in the process. A mixture of black sands (1 kg), mineral coal (1 kg), sodium nitrate (3 kg), lead (300 gr), silver (200 gr), and mercury chloride (HgCl2, 1 kg) in a graphite crucible yielded 44 gr gold, 6 gr platinum, and 35 gr rhodium.

Another gas-fired mixture tested by Champion was composed of black sands (100 gr), charcoal (300 gr), sodium nitrate (900 gr) and powered silver (500 gr). When an inductive furnace was employed, the formula needed to be modified: black sands (100 gr), charcoal (350 gr), sodium nitrate (150 gr), silver (50 gr), and copper powder (50 gr).

The gas or electricity was reduced during the ignition period. After the ignition was completed, the temperature was raised to 2000o C for 90 minutes. If necessary, borax or potassium nitrate was added to maintain fluidity of the mixture. When there was no more apparent reaction, the mixture was poured into a mold to cool, and the slag removed. Both the reaction mixture and the slag should be assayed.

Another method was discovered in 1993, utilizing the kinetic energy of a ball mill with 40 kg of carbon steel balls. The liner must be made of iron-coated steel and the reagents must be thoroughly dry for this method to work properly. The ball mill also must have an airtight seal. 24% of the mineral weight should be ferric oxygen, which is required for the kinetic excitation transmutation to occur.

One of Champion's research associates, Greg Iseman (Mesa AZ), used a microwave digestion process to perform analyses of the formula; this method also produced transmutations.

"If the reaction mixture exceeds 15 kg, the yield is reduced because the transmutation cycle is too long and begins to produce base elements instead of precious metals. It was found necessary to add traces of the target elements to the starting mixture in order for the resonance of those elements (i.e., Au) to act as a "stopping agent".

Champion also noted:

"The following reagents were required to produce synthetic precious metals by this process: silica, ferrous sulfate, lead oxide, calcium oxide, mercury sulfide, and cadmium. The mixture was combined with carbon, sodium or potassium nitrate, sulfur, mercury chloride, and silver. The formula produced synthetic gold, iridium, platinum, palladium, and rhodium...

"When the chemical mixture is properly prepared, it has a reproductive factor of over 60%. This was later increased to 90-plus percent when an error was determined in the crystalline structure of the ferrous sulfate. The differences dealt with a magnetic susceptibility at high temperature, i.e., greater than 750o C...

"The coincidence factor is extremely important in determining the effectiveness of any nuclear occurrence... The following parameters must be weighed:

1. Natural occurrence (%) of parental isotopes; 2. Percent relationship of parental isotopes to total mass; 3. Composition of total mass; 4. Thermal nuclear cross section of parental isotopes; 5. Magnetic susceptibility of nuclear moment; 6. Type and length of energy excitation; 7. Parental isotopes' complacency with additives...

"The coincidence factor is also related to the "treeing effect": it is a nuclear reaction, such as caused by low energy transmutation situations, where a parental element has multiple isotopes, but when combined with 10 a and (10 a + a o), produce more daughter isotopes than parents. If charted, this would resemble limbs on a tree... "

(6) References

1. American Business (April 1980), p. 16.

2. Champion, Joe: Producing Precious Metals at Home; 1994, Discover Publishing P.O. Box 67, Westboro WI 54490); see also Bockris, J.: Fusion Technology 26: 261, 266 (1994)

3. Conrad, Arnold: California Mining Journal (February 1973), p. 13.

4. Doberer, K.K.: The Goldmakers; 1948, Nicholson & Watson, London.

5. Dolph, T.R.: Fate 29(2), #311 (February 1976).

6. Garretson, Fred: Oakland Tribune (Sat., 22 March 1980), p. A-7.

7. Hendricks, Ruth L.: "Affadavit" (5 November 1975).

8. Melchanov, Andrew: Chicago Elite (January 1980).

9. Moray, T. H.:I. "Recovery of Minerals from Low-Grade Ore by High Energy Bombardment"; (68th National Western Mining Conf. (Denver, CO; 4 February 1965); II. Hooper, W.J.: "Startling Possibilities in Artificial Transmutation", p. 5-7; III. Hendricks, Ruth L.: "History of Research Project", p. 8-9; IV. Rudolph, Th. E.: "Statistical Evaluation Research Report", p. 10-12.

10. Olsen, Prof. L. M.: Financial & Statistical Evaluation: Recovery of Minerals from Low-Grade Ore by High-Energy Bombardment.

11. Sherr, R., et al.: Physical Review 60 (7): 473-479 (October 1941).

12. Star (12 February 1980).

where you have gold and plats and other noble metals present in microscopic isotopes suspended in the water like ya do around here, i can see a little bit showing up in a burn like that, and maybe too if the "blacksands" were more than just "normal" black sands again like we have around this part of Idaho in some places I can see it showing up in some recognizable form, but not in huge quantiies out of a Kg of sang..... nope i can not see that at all....

but i suspect it may be worth a burn or two in trying....lol

William
North Central Idaho

Having unwittingly digested the 'philosopher's stone'. I am wont to wander eternity as a geek exhibit in a side-show.

What we do in life echoes through eternity..

http://www.theforumsite.com/forum/topic/-quot-Outlaw-Mummy-quot-Illuminates-Wild-West-Life/45119

Jan. 4, 2006—Recent analysis of a mummy nicknamed "Sylvester," who is believed to have been a 19th century cowboy, validates some Wild West lore popularized in movie westerns, but dispels at least one myth, suggests the director of the research project.

Since shotgun pellets blasted Sylvester's right cheek years before his death, and he appears to have survived another bullet to his collarbone, the "wild" in Wild West appears true. His liver, however, was in good condition, so not all cowboys drank as hard as they otherwise lived.

The mummy was owned by a California doctor whose uncle was one of two cowboys who found Sylvester’s body in 1895 as they galloped through Arizona’s Gila Bend Desert.

His body was then preserved with arsenic and likely "hit the road on the sideshow circuit" as an "outlaw mummy" for public display.

--snip--

Irons said:
Having unwittingly digested the 'philosopher's stone'. I am wont to wander eternity as a geek exhibit in a side-show.

What we do in life echoes through eternity..

http://www.theforumsite.com/forum/topic/-quot-Outlaw-Mummy-quot-Illuminates-Wild-West-Life/45119

Jan. 4, 2006—Recent analysis of a mummy nicknamed "Sylvester," who is believed to have been a 19th century cowboy, validates some Wild West lore popularized in movie westerns, but dispels at least one myth, suggests the director of the research project.

Since shotgun pellets blasted Sylvester's right cheek years before his death, and he appears to have survived another bullet to his collarbone, the "wild" in Wild West appears true. His liver, however, was in good condition, so not all cowboys drank as hard as they otherwise lived.

The mummy was owned by a California doctor whose uncle was one of two cowboys who found Sylvester’s body in 1895 as they galloped through Arizona’s Gila Bend Desert.

His body was then preserved with arsenic and likely "hit the road on the sideshow circuit" as an "outlaw mummy" for public display.

--snip--
From Alchemy to arsenic-filled mummies... I love this place :D

I know this is an old post but several years have passed and things have changed and the way things are going it seems that everything we get taught gets changed every generation or so_On the energetic forum and the overunity forum they are now finding out the laws of thermodynamics has conditions where it works sometimes but not other times.As far as energy is concerned it exists everywhere all the time and just changes form so what was once considered perpetual motion machines are now over unity devices and free energy devices.The magnetic motor has been cracked several times and in different ways.Pyramid power seems to be making headway with the discoveries of Christopher Dunn and others.Einstein is being proven wrong and what was known 100 or more years ago and was suppressed is now becoming the latest discoveries.Which brings me back to the original thread Transmutation.When gold or other PGMs are mentioned many think its hogwash but when there are transmutations being done using other elements like nickel,lead or even less valuable stuff then one has to wonder if it works with the cheap stuff then why not the expensive stuff ?Tesla produced i think Radium and said he could do it for pennies,Some Japanese scientist was doing something with nickel and it wasnt hard or expensive to do.I know in my family tree we had an alchemist in the 1600s.I also remember reading somewhere of some woman who drank gold colloidial solution and she of course got greedy thinking more is better well it made her hair fall out and skin became very pale and her nails very brittle as well as her bones.If I remember right Sir Issac Newton was an alchemist and he was later put in charge to run around the country side to dismantle and destroy any other Alchemists labs that were transmuting gold.Kind of reminds one of a type of liquor control laws from back in the 20s and 30s doesnt it?Last I heard some guy was working on mineral and element seperation using frequencies.I think we live in a time where we have to have an open mind more so now than ever before in history.It looks like anything is possible.I like Walter Russels layout of the elements in regard to frequencies and the crystal formations of them according to each element.It makes more sense to me than the present table being used which looks like such a mess.No harmony to it.The next 10 or 20 years should see a lot of new and interesting discoveries and inventions as long as we can avoid WW3 or anything else of such a disaster to put us back in the dark ages.
Herman

First; There are things called paragraphs.

Second; Enough of that other talk. Believe what you want, we don't want to hear about it.

Jim

Herman, keep that garbage out of this forum! This is the first and final warning!

This forum is based on real science and not fairy tails. If you want to discuss alchemy you should do it some where else than here. If just one thing of what you wrote was true then there would have been a new Nobel price winner.

And no, this is NOT up to debate. One more word from you on this topic and it will be enough for banning. End of story.

Göran

I really can't understand how someone who you would consider to be fairly intelligent can believe any of this alchemy rubbish, for heavens sake will we be believing in fairies and the sandman next!

Nothing has changed. Same old BS with different words. No one in history has ever transmuted any element to any other element, unless they had a nuclear bomb, a nuclear power plant, or a particle collider. Anyone that says differently is a liar, is deluded, or just a plain moron. Alchemy may be the world's oldest con, starting with Hermes Trismegistus.

I'm not going to allow you to answer this post. In fact, I am locking this thread. If you continue with this on another thread, Herman, you will be immediately banned. Your choice? The only thing allowed on this forum is the discussion of REAL science.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back