Another Member Has Passed Away

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kurtak

I don't know if anyone else got the same PM that I got this morning - but the PM I got just informed me that member Rick Zeien (user name --- rickzeien) has passed away

As well - Ricks wife passed away "just before" him

Ricks wife passed away Apirl 28 2022

Then Rick passed away June 6 2022

Rick was probably best known here on the forum for his LARGE tilt furnace build

https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/tilting-furnace-build.27306/
https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/larger-tilting-furnace.27593/#post-291806
The pics/videos/links Rick posted in those threads no longer work - I don't know if they can be fixed but if they can be fixed it would certainly be good to see them fixed

Rick was another member that I often had private conversations with (both phone & PM) so is another member I will certainly miss

Rest In Peace Rick (& Sharon)

Kurt

I didn't know him, but I followed his furnace project with great interest.
So indeed sad.

I was curious what had happened to him. He was always helpful when I ask him questions.
Any details.

I got most of the links fixed.

Thank you Dave !!!

What made this news about Rick so sad for me was that it followed so close behind like news of another friend of mine

I just returned this last Saturday from a trip back to Wisconsin this last week for the funeral of one of my VERY BEST childhood friends - we grew up together & I had just talked to him about a month ago

So hearing about Rick so soon after last week - well lets just say that it has put "another" lump in my throat that I am still having a hard time swallowing from last week

Kurt

Wow, I had seen Rick and his wife in person just a few short years ago. What happened??

Rest in Peace

The man was a true friend and a great entrepreneur. Inventor, devoted father and husband: a sharing and caring individual. His outlook on life and problems with solutions to fit was undeniable. He valued other's opinions and was a true LISTENER. Not many folks can do that. He is and will be missed by all of us who knew him. We went thru the little journey of his tilt furnace on here. Hopefully it can stay posted online for all to see.
Mark

Oh man that's sad. Though i wasn't someone that close to him i will say a prayer.
We have lost a lot of good ones.

I sometimes forget that you an a couple of others have been here as long. Time makes a memory foggy. We have lost some good ones sir! I consider this forum as a memorial to those that saw fit to make and leave their mark on us. I hope one day we can all gather on the universal forum in the after and talk of times past.

I don't know if anyone else got the same PM that I got this morning - but the PM I got just informed me that member Rick Zeien (user name --- rickzeien) has passed away

As well - Ricks wife passed away "just before" him

Ricks wife passed away Apirl 28 2022

Then Rick passed away June 6 2022

Rick was probably best known here on the forum for his LARGE tilt furnace build

https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/tilting-furnace-build.27306/
https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/larger-tilting-furnace.27593/#post-291806
The pics/videos/links Rick posted in those threads no longer work - I don't know if they can be fixed but if they can be fixed it would certainly be good to see them fixed

Rick was another member that I often had private conversations with (both phone & PM) so is another member I will certainly miss

Rest In Peace Rick (& Sharon)

Kurt
I certainly don't know him due to my Nuance here,but another precious member of the forum gone for the fairy world.God's own plan. we snails can just shed tears nothing else.as philosophers used to say " those are about to die are shedding tears on the dead"-horror to hear but sad truth.

Back