Any suggestions ?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try to get every thing that is not plated seperated from what is plated. If there is no solder on this stuff use a sulfuric cell to process. If there is solder I would use HCL/peroxide on this till it deplates and then try to seperate the item from the deplated gold. There is a lot to dissolve there if you can't deplate these in a cell.

Personally i would cyanide strip them but thats not a process available to all on the forum so failing that im with barren realms a sulphuric cell with a tumbler would be my next option.

If they are like similar looking ones I've run into in the past, the gold colored contacts are plated all the way into the plastic portion of the item. I had to separate all the plastic to expose all of the gold before stripping in the cell.

If you don't remove them from the housings you'll miss nearly half of the gold.

Steve

Cyanide stripping would be the quickest method to strip those connectors. The problem is that the cyanide has to be able to reach the plating to remove it. So I'm thinking that maybe a guy could run the connectors thru a hammermill or even a small shredder to break the cases open somewhat. Any thoughts on that Steve?

First thing I would do is clip all the extra wire off the connectors.

Unless you're using something like Techni-strip AU, it not a good idea to shred the material. The success of using cyanide/H2O2 pretty much depends on that Ni layer being under the gold.

Latest posts

Back