ar help required

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golddigger2

Hi all

Im after a simple recipe for poor mans ar. I have access to hydrochloric acid, Sodium Nitrate in the form of a butchers brine solution(probably not pure but does give off brown fumes when add to HCL. It seems to work but the reaction is slow. I also have access to supermarket SMB.

Any help appreciated

thanks

I am trying to disolve gold and base metals so that the gold can be selectively precipitated by smb. The gold is old computer parts memory fingers,CPU's, Pins etc

golddigger2 said:
I am trying to disolve gold and base metals so that the gold can be selectively precipitated by smb. The gold is old computer parts memory fingers,CPU's, Pins etc
You would be best served by reading more about refining before you jump in with AR. Unless you have some very special case, it's nothing short of stupid to dissolve the base metals along with the gold. Without experience, it's more than likely you'll lose some of the gold that way, plus the end results are never acceptable due to the gold dragging down the base metals.

Read Hoke and come to understand the theory behind achieving acceptable results.

Harold

Battery acid with sodium or potassim nitrate works as a good nitric substitute, except were lead/silver/cadmium are involved.
Steves, HCL and peroxide works great on fingers and some other stuff.

Jim

Latest posts

Back