• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Archaen Green Gold, Telluride's, Rhodochrosite, Gold & Turquoise alloy, Electrum, Rich Gold ore, and even some Rubies :)

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackstraw

Hello all,

I spent the day with some of my delicious looking mineral samples, a mallet and pick, my jewelers loupe, scale, and notebook, analyzing the innards of some great ores and samples I pulled from the back of the cupboard.

The truth is that I would rather not part with any of them, but If anyone out there is interested in any of the following items, I am quite willing to let them go significantly below market value. I live in Colorado, yet the family lives in Illinois. I would love to surprise visit them this week for Thanksgiving as I haven't seen them in years, before the whole pandemic began, wow, that's a long time.

One side note and then I will get to it. Selling my samples is difficult so before creating this post I wrote small little quirky poems or limericks about each one so I can remember them once and if they go to someone else. If you purchase an item, just let me know if you would like me to send each's individual writing along with the purchase or by email.

Cheers.

1.) Sample #1 is a 4,427 gram (9 lbs 12.2 oz) crystalized Rhodochrosite found in Pitkin County, Colorado, almost half way between Leadville and Aspen. I broke the piece open today and there is beautiful silver and even some gold growing sporadically throughout the piece and the quartz inside. Probably, the steal of the bunch as I was pondering what a good price would be I kept running across sites saying it was and should be sold by the kt. like a diamond. Send me a message and make an offer if interested. Hopefully all photos will appear at the bottom of this post, but if something happens I will quickly post a reply with any photos that didn't upload properly. Also, if you would like photos of an item from a different angle or have any other similar requests, please just message me and we can take care of it that way :)

2.). Oval shaped Telluride (Perhaps either Sylvanite or Calverite) cut down the middle carrying a beautiful amount of Gold, Silver, and I'm fairly certain Platinum as well. One piece weighs 475 grams and the other weighs 573 grams for a total of 988 grams (2 lbs & 2.8 oz). This beautiful specimen was found near the Colorado River in Garfield County Colorado, approximately 10 miles east of Glenwood Springs. If you are interested in this piece and want to have it assayed, I highly recommend paying the few extra dollars to have it tested for Platinum Group Materials.

3.). Egg shaped metamorphic sample that came into my yard when I lived directly behind the Hotel Colorado, which is also directly behind the Glenwood Hot Springs as well as the underground (check it out and heal your self if you ever get the chance!) Yampah Caves & Spa. This extremely difficult to open Easter egg gave me a run for my endurance today and features small miniscule holes covering the entire mineral deposit. As it most definitely came up through the same hydrothermal vents that heat the gigantic hot springs I could see into the rock through the holes and because of it's density and beautiful gold ore beaming out of every tiny hole I was extremely confident that I would be thrilled with the quantity of gold ore inside, and then when I finally got it open it greatly exceeded my already high expectations. The piece is cut almost down the middle with one side being a bit larger than the other. Both sides look beautiful and what was tiny holes on the outside turned into much larger golden shapes on the inside set inside a soft green breccia. Together the Egg weighs 838 grams (1lb 13.6 oz) One weighing 273 grams and the other weighing 565 grams.

4.). Archaen Green (Old) (White) Gold Ore Deposits. Another amazing opportunity for someone to scoop up and get probably the best deal they will ever find in their life so if you would like a large amount of Gold & Silver for a fraction of spot price, here is your chance. If you do make an offer please be serious, although as I mentioned above, I am just trying to travel home for the holidays so use your rational mind think of a number that sounds relatively fair considering what minerals are there and how much you could probably sell it for yourself. Then reduce that number by 40%-50% and you might be surprised if I accept your offer or I will respond with my bottom line. I'm happy to something nice for you guys out there, so I see it as a win/win regardless.

Okay, as most of you know the Archaen Green Gold deposits are referred to as the elephant ore for Gold when being compared with other types of Gold ore because of their tendency to have an oz per ton ratio that blows other types of deposits out of the water. I am featuring two samples here and would prefer to sell them together because part of me wants someone to get a steal of a deal on very rich gold and silver ore. I think if we all start doing more small kind things for strangers and others, this upside down world may just improve even though it feels as if we are so far gone, lol.

Sample A.). Is 3/4 of a square sample of Archaen Green Gold. This is one sample I did not cut today, but because it was the first gold ore of this type I discovered in Colorado I would like to keep a 1/4 of it in my collection. (Don't worry, I more than make up for it with Sample B.). The 3/4 piece weighs 458 grams (1 lb .02 oz) and is exactly 2.5" in it's length and width, and 1.5" high. I have not have this piece assayed so I do not have an exact ratio on the gold to silver in the piece. I was offered $500 for the piece once right after I discovered it and remember being so excited about it that selling it at the time was not an option.

Sample B.). This large Archaen Gold and Silver Ore is a massive 1,700 grams (3 lbs 12 oz ) and is cut in half with sample a.) Weighing 1,038 grams and sample b.) 663 grams. These samples were also both found near the hot springs in Glenwood Springs, CO.

5.). Small Egg with Rubies! I cut this smaller 514 gram earth toned "egg" with very low expectations. I nearly tossed it back near the river, but something in my intuition told me to keep it and see what was inside. After cutting the sample in two pieces, the first one now weighs 199 grams and the 2nd one 315 grams. I was astonished when I placed my jewelers loupe, one that has both a regular light and a uv light, to both interiors of the piece and saw that unmistakable fluorescent effect of a bright pink light that only Ruby, out of all known red gemstones known currently to man, produces. If that is news to you I encourage looking it up, plus it is a simple easy way to identify a proper ruby vs. Anything else someone may be trying to pass off as genuine. Unfortunately, in the photo below I didn't have any way to photo the sample under uv light to present it to you hear, but I promise there is more than just a little ruby present and that one I wouldn't mind keeping for myself anyway, but decided to include it.

6.). This is a collection of a very rich epithermal gold ore deposit I broke into multiple pieces and weighing a total of 2143 grams. I was extremely lucky one day while exploring near Snowmass, Colorado, and decided to take the less traveled overgrown path on BLM land that led me to find this collection of ores. I am keeping 5000 grams myself and will be sending it to a trustworthy assayer as soon as I find one after my most recent experience. The density and instant excitement I felt once I first held one of the ores in my hand will probably stay with me forever. Once again, another great chance for me to provide someone a significant amount of gold just for the fun of doing it!

7.). My last item to list here is an ancient gold, silver, mercury, and perhaps copper ingot from the ancient world. Probably from the Aztec, Olmec, Incan, or Mayan society here in the Americas. I doubt I will get any offers that meet my expectations on this one, but I wanted to share it with you nonetheless. As most here in this forum know, the majority of these alloys and ingots, were immediately confiscated by the Spanish, taken back to Spain, and smelted back to their original metals so our knowledge on them is difficult to find and believe me I have tried. I have had luck with placing a paper over the bar and then shading the paper lightly with a pencil, crayon, or colored pencil which then reveals glyphs I cannnot yet decipher, but it also produces many sets of numbers that are repeated on both sides of the ingot and in multiple places on each side. I have not yet been able to use the information available to the public and these markings to determine a correct assessment of it's Gold, Silver, Mercury, and probably a little Copper due to it being soft to the touch, but not as soft as just Gold and Silver. I do find multiple places where Au & Ag is engraved as well as M (not Hg) for Mercury. Some of the numbers that do come up are: 22 or.22, 802, 9.42 +3.55 =12.97, 3.01 + 1 = 4.01, 16.98, 83.02, & 72. The ingot weighs 515 grams (1 lb & 2.2 oz). If anyone out there has any input that might help me learn a bit more about this piece and would like to share it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much if you have gotten this far in the post and I am now going to attempt to upload all my photos on these items. (Fingers crossed)

My name is John Rogger and I live in Colorado. Please feel free to contact me however you would like. My cell phone number is (970) 893 -6936, my email address is [email protected], or feel free to contact me by direct message on here.

Cheers Everyone!IMG_20221120_185436_resized_resized_resized.jpgIMG_20221120_185436_resized_resized.jpgIMG_20221120_185124.jpgPSX_20221120_204231_resized_resized(1)_resized_resized.jpgPSX_20221120_203436_resized_resized_resized.jpgPSX_20221120_203327_resized_resized_resized.jpgPSX_20221120_203401_resized_resized_resized.jpgPSX_20221120_204040_resized_resized(1)_resized.jpgPSX_20221120_204011_resized_resized(1)_resized_resized.jpgPSX_20221120_204133_resized_resized(1)_resized_resized.jpgPSX_20221120_204106_resized_resized(1).jpgPSX_20221120_203216_resized_resized_resized.jpgPSX_20221120_202557_resized_resized.jpgPSX_20221120_215446_resized_resized_resized_resized.jpgPSX_20221120_215508_resized_resized_resized_resized.jpg102020222259_resized(1)_resized_resized.jpgPSX_20221120_215559_resized_resized_resized.jpgPSX_20221120_215508_resized_resized_resized.jpgPSX_20221120_204207_resized_resized(1)_resized_resized.jpg

Just curious who identified these rocks. The first piece is not Rhodochrosite, it is pink Quartz. In fact, almost all but one, are not what you represent them as. The pictures are grainy, and as everyone on this site knows, you cannot identify these from a picture. Hazen Research Labs in Golden, Colo. is a very good lab. We await the assay results before making offers.

Whomever identified the samples pictured obviously failed any schooling in mineral identification they may have had.

The person photographing the rocks demonstrates a serious lack of expertise.

Do better.

Time for more coffee.

Back