At a loss

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So then I’m right, I have 500mls of garbage
No that is not right, your Gold is there, you just have created a bigger job than you needed to.
Set it aside and study as we told you, when the solution dawns upon you during your studies,
present your plan and ewe can adjust it if needed.
Just make sure the solution do not dry out.
You may have created an explosive compound with your Urea, and you don't want your Gold vaporized in an explosion would you?

Also it’s hard to ask questions after reading posts from others to new ppl, I read one today sum1 got a snobbish reply n they gave it back to them with both barrels. Also I’ve read the type of things that guy Butcher says, he’s the last guy I would ever want to have a conversation with just because I don’t know where he lives
Drop the slang!!
It is hard to read for most and next to impossible for the ones using translators.
And you are getting closer to the door each time you are talking bad about members.
Butcher is a respected member and one of the most knowledgeable in this forum, which coincidentally also means in the world.

Please explain what you mean about this:
I’ve read the type of things that guy Butcher says, he’s the last guy I would ever want to have a conversation with just because I don’t know where he lives

Drop the slang!!
It is hard to read for most and next to impossible for the ones using translators.
And you are getting closer to the door each time you are talking bad about members.
Butcher is a respected member and one of the most knowledgeable in this forum, which coincidentally also means in the world.

Your translators must be skewed because I used no slang. I merely reiterated what I’ve read on this site of others bad experiences and derogatory comments made to them as if there weren’t good enough to ask questions.

Drop the slang!!

I recall a few messages back that you mentioned that you sent me a link? I didn’t see anything on here and I checked email, inbox/spam but never was able to find any link?

Here is the links:
https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/new-to-the-forum.32458/post-344926And I consider things like "ppl" "sum1" and such as slang, it certainly aren't proper English
Those do not translate well.
My apologies, I did not know exactly what you meant by slang? To me it is abbreviating as apposed to writing complete words, it is like shorthand and is a quicker way of writing. It is something I learned from younger people because they are all doing it and I had to figure out what they meant or what they were trying to say? I found myself in a fog (speaking figuratively) whenever a younger person wrote something. I will try not to abbreviate any more or use metaphors

Edited by moderator to fix quote.

Last edited by a moderator:
My apologies, I did not know exactly what you meant by slang? To me it is abbreviating as apposed to writing complete words, it is like shorthand and is a quicker way of writing. It is something I learned from younger people because they are all doing it and I had to figure out what they meant or what they were trying to say? I found myself in a fog (speaking figuratively) whenever a younger person wrote something. I will try not to abbreviate any more or use metaphors

Edited by moderator to fix quote.
I would guess the ones using translators will be helped by that.
And my term slang are probably not correct but "text lingo" is not much better.

I would guess the ones using translators will be helped by that.
And my term slang are probably not correct but "text lingo" is not much better.
Well I got gold alright, with a little copper in it. I’ve been searching on this forum for a way to remove it. I know smelting won’t do it. Still searching though. Not sure where to look? Maybe I’ll come across Simone else asking the same thing and maybe they’ve found they have found the answer? Don’t have much time to read after working 18 hour days. But I guess I’ll keep searching endlessly

I seen a video of a guy from this forum that does it after rolling a solid gold coin into two foils and using electrolysis, to bad I don’t have that kind of money, if I did I wouldn’t be trying this ha ha

I read that if you drop iron in the solution, the copper will drop. Along with any other metals below iron in the reactivity series. Now I have to research at what point that’s done

Well it’s 10:16pm, have to get up at 3am for work, can’t be falling asleep while running heavy Equipment, putting in a new storage facility building for the Smithsonian in Suitland Md. Old Silver Hill rd

Well I got gold alright, with a little copper in it. I’ve been searching on this forum for a way to remove it. I know smelting won’t do it. Still searching though. Not sure where to look? Maybe I’ll come across Simone else asking the same thing and maybe they’ve found they have found the answer? Don’t have much time to read after working 18 hour days. But I guess I’ll keep searching endlessly
If you have Gold powder with Copper in it, Nitric will remove the Copper and leave the Gold.

Back