• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Au/Ag dore buttons and unrefined smelt

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ladeisz137

Hey everyone, so after reading a bunch and testing i decided that refining wasnt for me. i am looking for a trustworthy refiner for #1 smelting some metal i found in a smelt pile from the 1930s, and #2 buying the refined stuff that i already have resmelted and cupeled. So i found this stuff from an slag pile that operated in 1920s and 30s. the ore ran mostly silver with about and ounce of gold to 4 ozt silver. After refining the buttons a surface XRF showed the buttons to be about 4.9kt or around 19% gold. i know surface xrf is ballpark estimate. So id like to sell the buttons and have the rest that isnt refined smelted and assayed to sell. Make sense?

240 grams of refined
approx 230gram unrefined, and i lost 20% weight to refining
Looking for someone with a high payout, or total gold payout. will send samples for assay and hopefully someone Near Billings, mt.
PHEW thats alot... Thanks for any information, i have learned tons from this site and i know you guys can help me
-Larry in MT

Attachments

• 20210124_164731.jpg
    20210124_164731.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 190
  • 20210124_164806.jpg
    20210124_164806.jpg
  • 20210124_164952.jpg
    20210124_164952.jpg
Can you show the full XRF readout please?

If I understand, you have more material in the buttons that you "refined", than you have left "unrefined". Why not just finish what you started and then sell all the buttons? If you provide full XRFs on the buttons you'll get better offers.

Dave

So i currently dont have access to a smelt lab. ive held onto these for about 3 years. the xrf was done after and was sent to me and i dont have the original readout. Where i am now, noone local has a xrf to test. the readout was 80 percent silver 19.4 percent gold, and trace iron and others

kjavanb123 said:
Hi
Are these still available for sale?

February 3rd was the last time Ladeisz137 logged onto the forum

wish I had seen this when it was posted as I Have friends in Billings & I don't live all that far from billings

Kurt

Back