Big Nugget

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Southfork

This is an old find by one of my son's using my metal detector lol. He walked out the backdoor and a few hours later he had this 11 + ounces its sitting on the wood stove. Found with a Minelab SD 2100 I still have it the metal detector that is.

Attachments

• Wow 001.JPG
    Wow 001.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Holy s-it Nugget 002.JPG
    Holy s-it Nugget 002.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 0
This is an old find by one of my son's using my metal detector lol. He walked out the backdoor and a few hours later he had this 11 + ounces its sitting on the wood stove. Found with a Minelab SD 2100 I still have it the metal detector that is.
Close to the source.

We get the part about you being on the Gold, and have appreciated the nice pics, but no body really likes a braggart.
Hmmmm - really ? - this is a forum about the recovery & refining of PMs & for the something like the 12 years I have been a member of this forum we have encouraged member to brag about there success - whether it's their first 5 gram button or when they reach the point of ounces &/or even kilo(s)

IMO - the success of a member - any member - whether that success is LARGE or small EARNS them the right to brag about it

The reason we have a "Gallery" is to give members a place to post pics & brag about their success - whether LARGE or small

Here is just one example of a member making a 20 ozt. gold bar pour

https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/making-a-gold-bar.30716/
I think Sam has earned the right to post (& brag) about making such a pour

Over the years I have seen a good many members post pics of anything from several ozt. to kilo(s) of gold &/or silver --- I myself have posted a good many pics showing several ozt. gold & several kilos silver

Every single one of those members (including myself) have earned the right to brag about (post about - including pics) their success --- it's what this forum is about

I know one thing for sure --- if I found an 11 plus ozt. nugget - I would most certainly take a pic of it & post a that pic - the simple fact of even making such a find earns you the right to brag about it

Here is a pic of 1 kilo gold electro won from a cyanide solution plus another pic of 13.4 ozt. on the scale --- that represents one week work (total recovery for one week = 45.5 ozt) & is certainly worthy of bragging about --- (for what it's worth - that's not my gold - I just helped with that recovery/refine) & I think I have the right to brag about helping with that recovery/refine --- I earned the right to even be invited to that & then be here to brag about it

Success - especially great success is most certainly worthy of bragging about --- it's part of what this forum is about --- put another way - it's called taking pride in what one does & the fruits of their success

Kurt

Attachments

• WP_20190601_10_23_40_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190601_10_23_40_Pro.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • WP_20190603_13_50_58_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190603_13_50_58_Pro.jpg
    935.4 KB · Views: 1
😲😲:cool::cool:(y)(y) Now that's what I call an ABSOLUTELY AWESOME find !!!! --- certainly don't find that everyday :cry::cry: (that's me crying) ;);)

THANKS for posting

Kurt

This is possibly the closes I will ever be to Gold like this, so thanks for showing.

I can't even get my kid to do the dishes and yours paid the mortgage for a year?

That's an awesome nugget.

I find quite bit of really good stuff in my back yard, but don't post a picture of it all, mainly for the reason that I don't like to brag. Jealousy is 1 of the seven deadly sins. I don't mean to get all religious and righteous and sh-t, but the only posts I put up of my stuff is either academic, or for scientific reasons. This is for the sole reason of NOT making people jealous. I hope Southfork can appreciate this. He does ask some questions, on say milling techniques, which to me has more to do with the forum, than just posting pictures of great Gold specimens. Just where I am coming from, as usual, I may be wrong.

I love seeing these pics and I would appreciate continued posting. I think we’re all treasure hunters at some level and this gives me hope that treasure is still out there waiting to be found. I love wielding the knowledge to create my buttons, but a natural specimen of any weight is something to behold. Think about the cosmic and geologic forces that were brought to bear to create such rarity. And you get to hold it in your hand and share it with the world. Thank you for the hope.

Keep posting your son's finds we love gold but please keep your narcissistic personality disorder in check.

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental health condition in which people have an unreasonably high sense of their own importance.
Hey, keep your behaviour in check both of you.
You are like boys in a pissing contest in kindergarten.
Reel it in and behave we will not tolerate anymore of this by any of you, or others for that matter.

We love the Gold pictures and all Gold related so keep that coming, but no more all caps blown up things to emphasise or rather strike down others.

Get it????

If the moderators want me to stop posting our finds, I'll stop I thought this was a metal detecting sub forum.
ABSOLUTELEY!!! I loved the pic of your sons find! It was awesome. It was also encouraging in the fact that it made me want to grab my MD, run out the door, and go gold hunting myself. Thank you so much for sharing. Keep it up. And Goldshark, there is a difference between sharing and bragging!

Sounds like the jealousy part is having an effect on you goldshark the sub forum is

Gold Mining & Metal Detecting

Sorry for the way this sounded I was trying to understand this sub forum. I copied and pasted the heading for this subforum did not know it would show like a billboard. I wasn't trying to shout but I'm still confused about the heading and what this sub forum is about.

Sorry for the way this sounded I was trying to understand this sub forum. I copied and pasted the heading for this subforum did not know it would show like a billboard. I wasn't trying to shout but I'm still confused about the heading and what this sub forum is about.
The sub-forum is as it says.
No need to do it again.
And as I said please do keep on posting finds on topic, and stop pushing your luck.

My patience with you two is wearing out. So what ever your fight is about get over it as adults and lets get on with what this forum is about.

OK????

And if you really have to duel somehow find somewhere else to do it.

Hmmmm - really ? - this is a forum about the recovery & refining of PMs & for the something like the 12 years I have been a member of this forum we have encouraged member to brag about there success - whether it's their first 5 gram button or when they reach the point of ounces &/or even kilo(s)

IMO - the success of a member - any member - whether that success is LARGE or small EARNS them the right to brag about it

The reason we have a "Gallery" is to give members a place to post pics & brag about their success - whether LARGE or small

Here is just one example of a member making a 20 ozt. gold bar pour

https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/making-a-gold-bar.30716/
I think Sam has earned the right to post (& brag) about making such a pour

Over the years I have seen a good many members post pics of anything from several ozt. to kilo(s) of gold &/or silver --- I myself have posted a good many pics showing several ozt. gold & several kilos silver

Every single one of those members (including myself) have earned the right to brag about (post about - including pics) their success --- it's what this forum is about

I know one thing for sure --- if I found an 11 plus ozt. nugget - I would most certainly take a pic of it & post a that pic - the simple fact of even making such a find earns you the right to brag about it

Here is a pic of 1 kilo gold electro won from a cyanide solution plus another pic of 13.4 ozt. on the scale --- that represents one week work (total recovery for one week = 45.5 ozt) & is certainly worthy of bragging about --- (for what it's worth - that's not my gold - I just helped with that recovery/refine) & I think I have the right to brag about helping with that recovery/refine --- I earned the right to even be invited to that & then be here to brag about it

Success - especially great success is most certainly worthy of bragging about --- it's part of what this forum is about --- put another way - it's called taking pride in what one does & the fruits of their success

Kurt
Keep bragging...It in courages me to get off me arse, and get me some of my share for just knowing that it's out there.... Thanks, Jah-nee

Back