black chips from memories

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur kierski

after incineration of memory chips,i noticed that there was a lot of iron with the incinerated powder-----i took this powder and gave a nitric leach and to the leaching liquid +powder i
added sulfuric to dissolve the iron that was not dissolved with the nitric alone---i filtrated the powder and noticed (with a magnet ) that all the iron was dissolved in the nitric +sulfuric leach-----the solution nitric+sulfuric was tested for pm with stanous chloride---it gave a deep brownish black colour which indicated palladium(at the moment i thought pd +au)---then realized that could not be gold)
question :does nitric solution gives results with stanous chloride or only chlorides solutions gives pms results with stanous chloride?
the powder left after the nitric leach was put in ar and it gaves 1,5grams of gold(1kilo of black chips)----thanks for coments and for clearing my ideas
Arthur kierski

I was told by my buyer that they get gadolinium from memory chips.
Here is a link that mentions it also;
http://www.vectorvision.com/html/gadolinium.htm
I don't know how one could recover the gadolinium, or if it would affect the stannous tests or not.
Jim

Latest posts

Back