Black Fine Gold Powder - question

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljmolina

I have gathered alot of the fine-black powder (gold I hope) from my AP solution that absorbed alot of gold into solution. I got it by adding a copper plate and collecting the black residue that forms on the copper.

now, with the black-gold, do I proceed using the HCl+Clorox mix to get rid of the impurities and then add SMB?
Or is there a seperate process with the fine black powder??

Please help.

btw, I have used the search tool and I couldnt find anything regarding this process...

Thanks again.

That depends on whether you have it in Hcl or water.If the powder is impure,which is likely,then I would do a single wash with clean Hcl,decant,then if the resultant acid is not discolored badly,proceed with your A/C(acid/clorox).If it is very discolored than wash once more.Then move on to A/C,drop,then wash as usual,3,3,3.
Johnny

leavemealone said:
That depends on whether you have it in Hcl or water.If the powder is impure,which is likely,then I would do a single wash with clean Hcl,decant,then if the resultant acid is not discolored badly,proceed with your A/C(acid/clorox).If it is very discolored than wash once more.Then move on to A/C,drop,then wash as usual,3,3,3.
Johnny

Thanks alot Johnny!
When I take the copper plate out of the AP solution I spray it with water into a pyrex dish, so yes the gold is sitting in water...
Looks like I might be able to get at least 1 to 1.5gr out of this batch.

ljmolina said:
leavemealone said:
Johnny

Thanks alot Johnny!
When I take the copper plate out of the AP solution I spray it with water into a pyrex dish, so yes the gold is sitting in water...
Looks like I might be able to get at least 1 to 1.5gr out of this batch.

You will have some copper there so proceed with HCl wash and then whatever left go to HCl/Clorox.

Latest posts

Back