• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Boards Wanted in Working Condition

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deano

IMG20220729174157.pngIMG20220729174202.pngIMG20220729123549.pngIMG20220729123559.png

I am seeking Main Control Boards, also known as Mother Boards, and Power boards for Varian Spectraa 5 Atomic Adsorption Spectrometer, commonly called Varian Spectra 5 AAS.
This model of spectrometer was sold from the mid 1980s to around 2000.
In 2010 Varian was taken over by Agilent who immediately stopped supporting the existing units, they wanted to sell new model units rather than supply parts for existing units such as Spectra 5.
I am seeking at least 2 power boards and 5 mother boards for these units, I will take more if available.
The last boards I purchased cost $US 700 each plus freight, I am willing to pay that much for new boards and half that for used but still working boards.
There are the occasional Spectra 5 units for sale, I do not want the full unit but would buy the boards from any old units which were available.
Probably the best source of boards is from Varian agents who were active up to 2010, some of them may have old stock of boards sitting in a back room.
These agents may also be able to give leads to clients who used Spectra 5 units and would have had spare boards, you may be able to purchase these and resell them to me or act as a commission agent for these boards.
These boards were manufactured in Australia, US, Singapore and Malaysia depending on where labour was cheapest at the time.
Payment by international transfer to your preferred account or other method you may prefer.
The top photos are of a power board and code.
The middle photos are of the Spectra 5 unit.
The bottom photos are of a main control board and code.
PM me if you can locate any of these boards.
Thank you,
Deano
IMG20220729123523.pngIMG20220729123514.png

View attachment 51455View attachment 51456View attachment 51457View attachment 51458

I am seeking Main Control Boards, also known as Mother Boards, and Power boards for Varian Spectraa 5 Atomic Adsorption Spectrometer, commonly called Varian Spectra 5 AAS.
In 2010 Varian was taken over by Agilent who immediately stopped supporting the existing units, they wanted to sell new model units rather than supply parts for existing units such as Spectra 5.
I am seeking at least 2 power boards and 5 mother boards for these units, I will take more if available.
The last boards I purchased cost $US 700 each plus freight, I am willing to pay that much for new boards and half that for used but still working boards.
There are the occasional Spectra 5 units for sale, I do not want the full unit but would buy the boards from any old units which were available.
Probably the best source of boards is from Varian agents who were active up to 2010, some of them may have old stock of boards sitting in a back room.
These agents may also be able to give leads to clients who used Spectra 5 units and would have had spare boards, you may be able to purchase these and resell them to me or act as a commission agent for these boards.
These boards were manufactured in Australia, US, Singapore and Malaysia depending on where labour was cheapest at the time.
Payment by international transfer to your preferred account or other method you may prefer.
Thank you,
Deano
View attachment 51453View attachment 51454
Did you get any response to this?

Only one, a company in Dallas, looks promising. We are still in the money transfer stage. If it is all good I will post about them.
Deano

View attachment 51455View attachment 51456View attachment 51457View attachment 51458

Thank you,
Deano
Hi,
Those boards look very clean, isn't there a possibility to repair those? Just asking, because power boards, have electrolytic capacitors which dry out in time causing voltage shifting in the unit(usually voltage drop). If changed, may solve some problems right away. Taking them to an elctronics repair shop may save you a lot of cash. Also most of th IC's have modern equivalent.
Just saying, if you cannot find original boards, maybe you should consider the repair as an alternative.

Pete

The power boards are the least likely to fail, maybe once a decade or so.
The main control boards we have had electronics people look at but they all said that even with the schematics, which are not available, the design of the boards precludes repair.
We thought that it might be easier to source boards rather than attempt repairs with little chance of success.
Appreciate your thoughts though.
Deano

Thank you,
Deano
Hi how are you today? Check with Joe107,he has posted some items for sale and its among the items kindly text him to know maybe its still available or send him a mail [email protected]

Hi how are you today? Check with Joe107,he has posted some items for sale and its among the items kindly text him to know maybe its still available or send him a mail [email protected]
Tread very carefully.
This looks pretty close to spamming.
Spamming is against forum rules and may result in a ban from the forum.

Back