Bought a new Minelab

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesramirez

After a lot of research I purchased a Minelab Gold Monster 1000 today. John at A&B Prospecting in Mesa was very helpful and showed me the basics of the machine and its sensitivity to small gold targets. Looking forward to using the new machine!

That's awesome. Known A & B for quite some time. My wife and I bought one of the first monsters ever at Scheels in Colorado. Spent some time with it in Prescott and Prescott Valley, I can say from experience, it is a great machine, and I am sure you'll be happy with it.

Great fun and adventure await you, do not have experience with that brand or type of detector, so I cannot comment on it.

I really enjoy tramping around the mountains and valleys with my Gold bug 2 metal detector for tracking down those small gold nuggets, along with my Garret pinpointer, and armed with the falcon MD-20 for those almost too small to see small specks of gold in rocks that are just too small for a normal detector to react to trying to track down where that gold is leaking out of the mountain from the elusive mother load vein or pockets of gold.

I have refined all of the gold I have tracked down from panning and detecting and other mining I have done in the past, I sort of regret dissolving some of it now, even though I still have the gold and in a fairly pure form, there was something about the small nuggets and flake's that I spent so much time and energy to find the had some kind of lure to my eye that the refined gold didn't, although the refined gold does shine bright and is beautiful to my eyes, there seems to be something in me that also appeals to the raw natural gold, heck I can refine electronic scrap or pretty jewelry or other items with no problem, but I will think twice in the future about refining any more natural gold (that is) If I acquire any more, as climbing up and down these rouged mountains is getting harder every year the older I get.

I have found loads of gold with my Gold Monster 1000. The real trick is to put yourself in a place with near surface gold that your detector can see. Remember that once you or others remove the gold, it doesn't grow back, so you need to visit place that have not been pounded by others. Here is a photo of gold found with my GM 1000 earlier this year.

Attachments

• Greenst_nuggs_3rdweekend_6.jpg
    Greenst_nuggs_3rdweekend_6.jpg
    551.4 KB · Views: 10
I have a White's TDI Pulse Scan. It is sensitive enough to find Bird Shot at 8" Deep. Kind of frustrating, though, digging for 15-20 minutes trying to find this little speck of lead that sounds just like a piece of gold....

Back