Can someone please direct me

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bklopsy

Supporting Member
to the thread that deals specifically with removing copper chlorides from solution. The material was CPUs. Have bolied down twice and filtered three times and still have chlorides accumalating at bottom of beaker. Thanks in advance

Can you take a picture of what it looks like?

My suggestion would be to wash with acid and siphon off the liquid and continue this till solution is clear.

Is this the same batch you were trying to get your gold to drop in?

Ok so you are trying to wash the gold flakes in this batch correct? If that is so and you are still getting copper color continue with your washing. Have you boiled this?

The gold is already in solution.

I used clorox/CHl have boiled twice and filtered three times.

I have a greyish-white sluge on bottm of beaker.

With all filterings, coffee filter has collected alot of grey matter. No Gold flakes. rinsing filter into solution with spray bottle causes white clouding in solution.

Please advise, thanks again

The gray matter is quite possibly silver cloride. If you will run the solution thru the same filter it will catch more of the silver cloride. You possibly have some lead in there as well. I would filter again and the cloudyness should get cought in the filter. Sounds like after that you will be able to drop your gold from your solution using SMB. Looks like you might be on the right track with this batch.

As previously stated, add enough muriatic acid to dissolve the copper I chloride.

Steve

No settling required. 1/2 cup of muratic to my 2k ml and 1/2hr of boil in this 34 degree NE weather. Lazersteve hit it on the head again: chlorides are history. I'll cool down and drop later tonight

Thanks Steve

Latest posts

Back