Can't I be profitable and recover gold from every part as a home refiner like the big companies does? If the answer is no , can I know how are the big

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buy low, sell high. The big guys get bulk discounts on supplies, tax incentives and grant money, and dirt cheap established inputs with best-rate material sales.

Put profitability as a long term goal, start with the basics and refine your methods one at a time. Almost everything has been tried, but you might come up with something completely new or adapted from a different industry that actually works and isn’t suicidal. Best of luck

When cupelling with lead are there any indications that the sample is contaminated with Cadmium?

While cupelling with a torch (exhaust hood and respirator) a dark red liquid appeared on the lead bead. Since the melting point of CdO is about 950C, which coincides with cupelling temperature, could the red liquid be Cadmium?

Is it correct that the cupel will have absorbed most of the CaO and the cupel may be disposed of as non-hazardous solid waste.

Bonus question: Is there a rule of thumb as to how much Lead is lost to the air while cupelling?
Would the loss to the air be similar for CaO?

I truly appreciate the access to professional knowledgeable insight. Thank you

When cupelling with lead are there any indications that the sample is contaminated with Cadmium?

While cupelling with a torch (exhaust hood and respirator) a dark red liquid appeared on the lead bead. Since the melting point of CdO is about 950C, which coincides with cupelling temperature, could the red liquid be Cadmium?

Is it correct that the cupel will have absorbed most of the CaO and the cupel may be disposed of as non-hazardous solid waste.

Bonus question: Is there a rule of thumb as to how much Lead is lost to the air while cupelling?
Would the loss to the air be similar for CaO?

I truly appreciate the access to professional knowledgeable insight. Thank you
CaO will not go anywhere, it is one of the most refractory oxides used to day, CdO on the other hand may go into the Cupel.

Back