catalytic converter smelter (small and large amounts welcome)

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catalyticconvertersmelter

Hello, I have the ability to process small and large amounts ( Yes even 1 if that's all you have) catalytic converters for a fee or a percentage. My process I am able to recover 97 to 99.99 percent of all pgms contained within 1 to 2 days turn around time. Most of the time within the same day.
I have been in the smelting business for over 20 years. Anyone interested in my service, feel free to message me. I can offer a free first time service to anyone interested to build up a relationship.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I think you will quickly realize that members who join and immediately solicit refining work rarely get recognized.

To give you the full benefit of doubt, why don't you take the time on this thread to introduce yourself, your company and most important discuss your process. I am not looking for the intricate details of cat refining but would appreciate something to help convince members that you can actually recover 97 to 99.99% of all PGM's contained.

Thank you, and we look forward to a long and fruitful relationship with you and your cat smelting operation.

He ask that question out of curiosity so people could talk shop with you. It's not like he is asking a question we all don't know the answer to sir. As far as secrets... you are in a group of some of the best refiners in the world. There are no secrets here.

If you expect to get some cats to refine from our members, you should tell us something specific about your capabilities. What type of instrumentation is in your lab, or how you turn this material around in 1 or 2 days. How do you sample small lots, as no refinery I have ever worked with will process a 5 gallon pail of de canned cats? Do you accept loose honeycomb or do you simply pay for intact converters where you can identify the model before decanning?

Sorry to say the "for safety reasons card" won't cut it here. You haven't even told us the name of your business. Here the cloak and dagger act doesn't get very far.

He ask that question out of curiosity so people could talk shop with you. It's not like he is asking a question we all don't know the answer to sir. As far as secrets... you are in a group of some of the best refiners in the world. There are no secrets here.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I think you will quickly realize that members who join and immediately solicit refining work rarely get recognized.

To give you the full benefit of doubt, why don't you take the time on this thread to introduce yourself, your company and most important discuss your process. I am not looking for the intricate details of cat refining but would appreciate something to help convince members that you can actually recover 97 to 99.99% of all PGM's contained.

Thank you, and we look forward to a long and fruitful relationship with you and your cat smelting operat
A ? is a question. I listed in this forum/listing as a service I'm offering in smelting to extract/recover all pgms. First is extraction, then refining. Can't refine what wasn't extracted. I personally can't give advice (especially in a written message) for someone to harm themselves assuming they can do it watching YouTube videos, etc. It takes years, hands on experience on a similar field to understand. Totally agree with many here are perhaps one of the best refiners in the world. But offering advice on what they are skilled in doing. Tell me a smelter/ refiner that will take 1 cat.... I'm offering that service as most cc members need that help as they are turned down from the bigger refineries.

Tell me a smelter/ refiner that will take 1 cat.... I'm offering that service as most cc members need that help as they are turned down from the bigger refineries.
You will take in 1 converter and pay on it? Basically you are taking in canned converters and paying off a list for that type of converter. Because if you expect us to believe you are smelting one cat you will quickly lose your shirt. It's fine to say you buy whole converters and if you do that's great. I wish you luck. But so far you have said little that makes sense in a refiners world.

Surely in 20 years you learned enough to give some details that would convince a potential customer that you actually have a brick and mortar refinery somewhere. Or maybe a website?

Keep in mind, you came here looking for customers. We didn't entrap you to get you to this site. It's your job to convince a potential customer that you exist. We are simply suggesting ways you can do that.

If you expect to get some cats to refine from our members, you should tell us something specific about your capabilities. What type of instrumentation is in your lab, or how you turn this material around in 1 or 2 days. How do you sample small lots, as no refinery I have ever worked with will process a 5 gallon pail of de canned cats? Do you accept loose honeycomb or do you simply pay for intact converters where you can identify the model before decanning?

Sorry to say the "for safety reasons card" won't cut it here. You haven't even told us the name of your business. Here the cloak and dagger act doesn't get very far.
This is exactly what you have been doing wrong. Working for/with a refiner under their rules not yours. I am not offering an assay to discuss instruments used. I'm offering my service to extract/ recovery 97 to 99 of all pgms contained in their cats. Cats as a whole with serial number or take my chances on decanned cats. Regardless the outcome in favor of the supplier. Supplier or member, we can discuss through a simple phone call ( not Skype, Facebook etc.) and agree to terms. Man above says, when somebody knocks, answer. Most refiners close that door if you can't provide 500+ cats. I'm opening that door. I'm not telling them all day long to go read Hoke's and stick acids/ bleach in a bucket and wait like a sitting duck for weeks. I'm offering my service for those who need/ want this. All deals with be discussed between the supplier and me.

Dude you definitely know how to make an entrance. I can tell just by what you are saying you really only know half of what you are spitting. We don't just work for refiners, we are the refiners and we design the systems that refiners use across multiple industries. Who do you think you're talking to here?

Please, by all means educate us though.

All deals with be discussed between the supplier and me.
And all I am suggesting is that to entice that supplier to deal with you it would behoove you to give us some reason to believe you are a refiner with a functioning business.

Your reticence to do that speaks volumes!

I've said my piece, this is my last post. Now all of our members sitting on their catalytic converters can call you and work out a deal. I wish you luck.

Yeah i'm done too. Good luck to you in your endeavors. To anyone reading this thread i live 30 minutes from one of the largest cat processors and refiners in North America. I would recommend them any day. Call them up and they will be more than happy to answer your questions. Look on their website and they have a program to download that will help you identify all types and makes of cats.

https://www.multimetco.com/

Yeah i'm done too. Good luck to you in your endeavors. To anyone reading this thread i live 30 minutes from one of the largest cat processors and refiners in North America. I would recommend them any day. Call them up and they will be more than happy to answer your questions. Look on their website and they have a program to download that will help you identify all types and makes of cats.

https://www.multimetco.com/
He have one point though.
He says he can do it with as little as one cat.

How and to what degree that is reliable information is up to the ones if any that chose to business with him.

How he plan to convince anyone about his accountability when he more or less refuse to even discuss how he test them for PGM content is beyond me.

If you have a few singles there's a guy from Pell City that pays well on them. If you have quiet a few contact the guys in Anniston.

He have one point though.
He says he can do it with as little as one cat.

How and to what degree that is reliable information is up to the ones if any that chose to business with him.

How he plan to convince anyone about his accountability when he more or less refuse to even discuss how he test them for PGM content is beyond me.
The one cat part got me. I wonder what the rates on that are?

This is exactly what you have been doing wrong. Working for/with a refiner under their rules not yours. I am not offering an assay to discuss instruments used. I'm offering my service to extract/ recovery 97 to 99 of all pgms contained in their cats. Cats as a whole with serial number or take my chances on decanned cats. Regardless the outcome in favor of the supplier. Supplier or member, we can discuss through a simple phone call ( not Skype, Facebook etc.) and agree to terms. Man above says, when somebody knocks, answer. Most refiners close that door if you can't provide 500+ cats. I'm opening that door. I'm not telling them all day long to go read Hoke's and stick acids/ bleach in a bucket and wait like a sitting duck for weeks. I'm offering my service for those who need/ want this. All deals with be discussed between the supplier and me.
As you have discovered, we are a demanding picky group of people in here that are quite knowledgable in most areas within recovery and refining.

If you are to convince us, you need to open up a little about what you do.

Networking is worth just as much value as the product you rely on for your profit sometimes.
I hope the guy comes back and at least talks with us. All i seen people wanting to do was talk shop and maybe help him with some finer points that might increase his bottom line. Seems like he thinks we are here to steal his customers.

Back