cell phones components

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur kierski

after separating the components from the cellboards and crushing them to expose all metals present,i finded that the material is very magnetic---i took this material and heated in hcl and the results is still magnetic----then with sulfuric and the results continued to be magnetic---- then i thought of 2 ways of doing it---use a magnet to separate the magnetics from the non magnetics -and secondly do the material with ar to see what happens(all the material)---- i choosed the easiest way and did it with ar and when tested the ar with stanous chloride the results for pm were nill---i repeated the ar treatment and the results were positive ----from this solution i obtained pd and gold---and of course the silver stayed behind as silver chloride in the material----i noticed that the material left is stil magnetic and there might be still cemented gold and palladium in it----if i choose to use a magnet the same results would be obtained -----my question is:if after crushing and exposing the material and using a cianide solution to dissolve the 3 metals present(pd,au, ag) would i obtain quicker and better results?---- note to my friends----in your replies that i cannot incinerate the material because of the plastics etc ,etc----if you for any reason would not recomend cianide--how would you proceed with this crushed and exposed material?? thanks for replyes and advice----

Arthur:
A few months ago I did not like to work with cyanide but cyanide is like women and whisky..once that you have tasted then you can not leave it.

How much gold does a kilogram of scrap mobil phones have?

I think the best way to recover PM from mobile phones is cyanide but telling you the process is a task for GSP,Harold_V or 4 Metals.I have very little experience with cyanide but I love this process.Try to take a look to the information that these three Cyanide´s Masters have posted.

Have a nice day.

Manuel

Hi Juan Manuel Arcos Frank
Like most of the chemicals and minerals we are coming in contact with are nasty.
I have worked with cyanide in the jewelery profession
This was 30 years ago and at that time I didn't know that this was a dangerous chemical.
But after all those years thank God I am in good health
If this nasty chemical can be avoided than its better but if not there are safe ways to work with cyanide

Latest posts

Back