Ceramic CPU and RDS systems

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuggetveteran

Available for sell 20 Kg Gold ceramic Cpu from old RDS systems telecom .
Need your best price per Kg
( Au recovery 40/50 g per Kg )

Attachments

• telco gold.jpg
    telco gold.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 290
  • telco gold1.jpg
    telco gold1.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 289
  • telco gold 2.jpg
    telco gold 2.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 289
  • telco gold 3.jpg
    telco gold 3.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 289
I’m no expert on e scrap but they do not look like ceramic cpus to me and the yield you claim seems way too high to me, if you had said 4-5 grams a kilo I might be less doubtful...

I have photos of CPU if you want.You can clearly see what this
nickvc said:
I’m no expert on e scrap but they do not look like ceramic cpus to me and the yield you claim seems way too high to me, if you had said 4-5 grams a kilo I might be less doubtful...

kjavanb123 said:
Opps looks like you are from Kenya, no offense but I smell scam.

Why judge someone because of where they come from? There I go again saying what other people think but don't say.. .My bane in life I guess but seriously Kevin....

cosmetal said:
"If you thinks it's gold . . . it ain't."
Looks more like brass . . . :evil:

James

Well you'd be wrong there James. That there is gold and lots of it too.

There is gold, no doubt about it. The question is just how much.

Those with knowledge can do a good deal or avoid a bad one. Personally I have no idea how thick the plating is on this material so the only way I would approach this is as a toll refine with payment on the result. That removes all the uncertainty.

And as far as I can tell, there are no CPU:s in this lot. It is all ceramic substrates with gold plated copper. No bond wires here, the plating is all that there is.

Göran

I agree. Can't see a CPU in the bunch. Lots of alumina with either sputtered (thin = bright and shiny gold) or silk-screened (thick = dull matte gold) circuitry. Those gold coated sheets could be thick or thin although that look fairly thick in the photos - at the most, I would guess the gold on those could run about 1.125 microns thick or about .0022g/cm2. There is no technical purpose for it to be any thicker and no company is stupid enough to apply more gold than is necessary. I see nothing that looks like brass to me. Look like quite decent stuff to me and easy to process, but I would agree with Nick that the 4-5g/kilo is much closer to the truth than 40-50g/kilo. 40-50g/kilo is $700-$900/pound and that is an absurdity. Maybe you're the 1 out of 100 honest people from Africa but your values are way out of line.

anachronism said:
kjavanb123 said:
Opps looks like you are from Kenya, no offense but I smell scam.

Why judge someone because of where they come from? There I go again saying what other people think but don't say.. .My bane in life I guess but seriously Kevin....

I agree with giving people the benefit of the doubt, and I know you do a reasonable amount of international trading.

Can you describe how you would go about a job such as this, to protect your interests, while offering a competitive service for the seller?

The substrate is pretty light. Whilst I'm not suggesting it's 40g per Kg it's definitely not 4g per Kg either.

If you want to get involved in jobs like then you've got to be prepared to invest a bit of money to find out the true value of the goods. Whether that be in paying too much for a sample, and paying for the correct analytical equipment to give you an accurate yield it all means the same thing:

You'll have data for next time it comes around. Get burned once in a small way on a sample and it's far cheaper than buying a batch like this on someone else's say so and getting burned big.

I wouldn't follow other peoples' yield data because not much of it is actually spot on.

anachronism said:
cosmetal said:
"If you thinks it's gold . . . it ain't."
Looks more like brass . . . :evil:

James

Well you'd be wrong there James. That there is gold and lots of it too.

"Well you'd be wrong there James"

Well, Jon. I could be. Wouldn't be the first time. :D

"That there is gold and lots of it too."

With all deference to your experience and knowledge . . . my "experience and knowledge" (aka my gut) tells me that you could also be wrong especially about the "lots of it too".

As Goran states "There is gold, no doubt about it. The question is just how much."

The last picture set off my alarms . . . definitely two hues of goldtone showing and it's not only from the lighting. On the top left stack, compare the two small strips to the plate they are resting on. The bottom plate is too "brassy". The same applies to the plate on top of the bottom left stack compared to the plate on top of the bottom right stack - left is too brassy. Perhaps the OP would be willing to mail one of us those two bottom plates for analysis? If yes, better that it goes to either you, Jon, or Goran as my experience is only gut level.

Like I said before, and what my old prospecting mentors taught me, if you think it maybe gold - chances are that it's not. This old adage has kept me out of trouble so far. :D

James

If what he is showing is real it’s good gear to refine but definitely not at 40 - 50 grams as quoted, Jon will have a better idea than me so it’s up to you lads to decide con or not :shock: :D

Personally, I would want it ALL in my hands before I paid for it. I would evaluate it and negotiate. If a deal couldn't be struck, I would ship it back. I surely have met 1000's of people in the PM scrap industry in my 50+ years in the business and I could probably count on one hand those that I trust 100%. Gold makes people crazy and they most always think that they have found the mother load. I learned early that gold is just metal.

I agree with Chris. That's the ideal solution. People wanting their money up front when it's a remote sale always set alarm bells ringing for me on product like this. Unless I have a good trading history with them of course.

Most people either think that what they have is worth far more than it really is, or that you'd be happy paying 95% of what it's worth.

As Nick alluded to in his usual subtle way- Ive got this kind of material awaiting processing, and he's seen it and I've already done some of the telecoms plating with Nick and he's seen how it peels off in thick sheets like finger gold (and thicker in some cases.) The "rules" regarding milspec and ENIG plating are completely worthless on this grade of product. You have to have seen it and worked with it to truly understand the difference.

ps James I've done plenty of this stuff mate. It's really good shizzle I promise. 8) 8)

cosmetal said:
The last picture set off my alarms . . . definitely two hues of goldtone showing and it's not only from the lighting. On the top left stack, compare the two small strips to the plate they are resting on. The bottom plate is too "brassy". The same applies to the plate on top of the bottom left stack compared to the plate on top of the bottom right stack - left is too brassy. Perhaps the OP would be willing to mail one of us those two bottom plates for analysis? If yes, better that it goes to either you, Jon, or Goran as my experience is only gut level.

James

I do agree with the underlined part James, though for different reasons than yours. There are possibly two types of plating on these pieces. The ones he has scratched to show full depth and there are some there that could be much thinner. Thanks for pointing me towards the differences there. Then again they are all gold and if I was buying I would want them separating out to be sure, and I'd want to see them all in the same light. The duller finish of the gold on all of the pieces though does say a lot.

If you're looking for a sting- to me the highlighting of the thicker plating over the possible other stuff would be the kicker.

Edit for typo

The gold on those sheets looks dull and, therefore, it is probably quite pure, as high as 4Nines. At 1.25 microns, or 45 micro", pure gold can come off in sheets when the substrate is dissolved, assuming the plating bath wasn't contaminated and the plating was done properly. On the other hand, the bright shiny hard gold on fingers and pins usually won't come off in sheets unless it is about 100 micro" thick and the bath is in good condition. The bright gold is highly stressed, due to the addition of an alloying metal, Ni or Co, and will crack much more easily than the pure gold.

Question for the OP?

Where the boards originally coated with a conformal coating (gray rubber material) that may have been removed?

Steve

Back