• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Ceramic Gold Plated Board

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liorst26

i have many like this, it's an old 70' or 60' gold plated board, i dont know how much its worth due...
maybe someone can advice?

It's virtually impossible to say what the value could be without refining a sample. It could be anything from flash plated with almost no gold to screen printed gold and quite a lot.

If it was my material I think I would trim off the components that doesn't contain any precious metals and then remove the solder with hydrochloric acid. After that I would go to either copper chloride etch if the conductors are made from copper, nitric acid if it's thick film silver or aqua regia if the conductors are made from gold.

Göran

ssabovic said:
this white ceramic could be beryllium oxide

Beryllia is used in high power devices, no chance that it is used as a general board substrate.
The small white transistors on the second picture might be beryllia though.
The board substrate is most possible alumina, but there are other white ceramic materials too.

Göran

I would suggest checking ceramic capacitors with a strong magnet, there is a big chance these are silver/palladium. At least it used to be in soviet type of similar boards.

Back