Conn Organ

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jobinyt

Supporting Member
Listed as: has a beautiful Leslie sound system, a real spring reverb system and good speakers.

No idea of age or model number. Original images were good but pasted here look poor - don't know why. Seems a shame but is it a good scrap candidate?

1673151853029.png
1673151919625.png

Listed as: has a beautiful Leslie sound system, a real spring reverb system and good speakers.

No idea of age or model number. Original images were good but pasted here look poor - don't know why. Seems a shame but is it a good scrap candidate?

View attachment 54111
View attachment 54112
Sure could have precious metals as well as components with vintage resell value. We have 12 Conn organ breakdowns with dozens of photos, in GEO's Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GeoMetals/?ref=share_group_link
Janie

Here in SoCal there's a free organ posted somewhere just about every day.

Very few vintage organs are desirable for parts to restore others. Plus, good luck finding someone left that knows, or wants, to fix them. I repair tube amps, radios and some test equipment and stopped doing the work because it's time consuming and the cost of (my) labor has gone past the point people are willing to pay for it.

I can't imagine anyone willing to do the work on a famous Hammond is even economically accessible at this point by most people; the complexity of electro-mechanical organs like a B3 has to make it a very expensive proposition to get repaired.

Most old organs, not all, are basically junk these days. They have been replaced by digital keyboards which do their best to emulate the analog sounds from the best old organs, like the B3.

View attachment 54111
View attachment 54112

It looks like you copied just the thumbnail preview images. Something wrong in your technique? Although some websites purposely try to prevent you from copying photos, such as eBay. Worst case you can do a screen dump then crop the image to the actual photo area.

Here in SoCal there's a free organ posted somewhere just about every day.

Very few vintage organs are desirable for parts to restore others. Plus, good luck finding someone left that knows, or wants, to fix them. I repair tube amps, radios and some test equipment and stopped doing the work because it's time consuming and the cost of (my) labor has gone past the point people are willing to pay for it.

I can't imagine anyone willing to do the work on a famous Hammond is even economically accessible at this point by most people; the complexity of electro-mechanical organs like a B3 has to make it a very expensive proposition to get repaired.

Most old organs, not all, are basically junk these days. They have been replaced by digital keyboards which do their best to emulate the analog sounds from the best old organs, like the B3.

It seems like you’re totally missing the point? Not all, but many electronic organs are a rich source for electronic scrap. Some contain dozens of gold top IC’s, silver mica caps, some contain palladium wire contacts in the keyboards. Certain models yield quite a bit of value and can be gotten for free or very cheap on a regular basis. Often people just want to get rid of them, have given up trying to sell them, and don’t want to have to move them or pay someone else to do it.

I was referring to the post by eaglekeeper where it was suggested to sell the parts. My post was basically inferring that there's no resale value in old organs whether whole or for parts. So, may as well scrap them. Should have quoted his post.

I was referring to the post by eaglekeeper where it was suggested to sell the parts. My post was basically inferring that there's no resale value in old organs whether whole or for parts. So, may as well scrap them. Should have quoted his post.

I could not enlarge the pictures that was posted, so I'm not sure what model Leslie Jobinyt has. But if you go on eBay and search for "Leslie speaker" then check "sold items" box..... lots of parts are posted for sale/sold....weather it's worth the time or not I don't know.

I don't mess around with eBay very much, so I would just scrap it out. I was just giving Jobinyt a possible option.

The conn organs are decent for electronic scrap.
We had one member that tore one down and somehow sold the keyboard buss bars as silver, I had a similar model and tore it down to see and if I remember correctly the buss bars were only plated with either a Au/Pd alloy or maybe a Ag/Pd alloy.

Geo's Facebook group that Christian333 gave a link too will most likely have the information of at least a similar model teardown.

They do have some very nice chips and a lot of other components that are pretty good but I don't think that I would pay for one, I only will pick them up if they are:
#1 - Free
#2 - Close to me
#3 - Only if I have someone who can help me load it.

The old organs are extremely heavy,
I think that the Conn I had was around 500 lbs, maybe more.
You will need furniture moving dollies and some type of lift to get it in your pickup bed or trailer if you don't have 2 or 3 helpers.

Back