Copper Parting for Silver

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoneware

AC ends, burning off the oil residue.

Screenshot-from-2021-06-10-10-42-34.png

cell002.jpg

ss.jpg

cell1.png

cell2.png

galenrog said:
I do not see the point in doing this. What is your end objective?

Time for more coffee.

We must be living on different planets, the recovered copper could be melted into a solid bar a sought after commodity for cementing silver from nitrate solutions as a by product your getting silver a metal of considerable value.

Copper bar for cementing silver is easy to obtain. I use silver plated copper obtained at no cost to me, melted, then poured to bars. Recovered buss bars are better for obvious reasons.

Better to sell the copper nubs as scrap, rather than go to all the time and expense (including waste treatment and disposal) of refining such a small amount.

Just too much time and trouble for too little gain, and perhaps too much loss.

Time for more coffee.

galenrog said:
Copper bar for cementing silver is easy to obtain. I use silver plated copper obtained at no cost to me, melted, then poured to bars. Recovered buss bars are better for obvious reasons.

Better to sell the copper nubs as scrap, rather than go to all the time and expense (including waste treatment and disposal) of refining such a small amount.

Just too much time and trouble for too little gain, and perhaps too much loss.

Time for more coffee.

Yea I melt copper into heavy bars also.
20210723-210601.jpg

Back