Dell and Goodwill recycles computers for gold!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing new.
20220810_120522.jpg

But depends heavily on how it's revovered if it actually is more or less environment friendly. Panning for placer gold is still the lowest impact i think.

Some fishermen argue, the mud clogs the gills of the fish. I had several times, small fish swimming up and down my sluice for fun or fish standing behind the sluice waiting for food.
I'm trying to be polite, show them my trash bucket with glass, plastics and other garbage I dug out of the creek and promise to backfill my holes.

Depends on what you're fishing for. Trout and Salmon need very clear cold water to lay eggs in. Murky water absorbs sun and gets too warm. The mud fills in the gravel beds they lay eggs in.

Quickest way to destroy a good trout stream or salmon river is to let it fill with mud.

You will always find someone to bitch about something. Hell any more they make up reasons to be angry. Be a good person and then it’s easy to feel justified in telling them to pack sand.

Some fishermen argue, the mud clogs the gills of the fish. I had several times, small fish swimming up and down my sluice for fun or fish standing behind the sluice waiting for food.
I'm trying to be polite, show them my trash bucket with glass, plastics and other garbage I dug out of the creek and promise to backfill my holes.
Depends on the fish. Salmon and river trout need clean, cool water to spawn. Other fish, like catfish, love muck. And then there are sunfish, which live in EVERYTHING.

I respect the closed seasons for fish.
In winter, I'm prospecting a very small creek that falls dry in summer - there are no fish and no fishermen.
I'm prospecting a 'stream' that is so tiny it sinks below ground in several places unless it's raining heavily enough. Nothing lives in its small pools except tadpoles/frogs, bugs, worms, and mosquitoes... so many mosquitoes at this time of year. I don't even venture into those woods now. Flies and skeeters by the thousands. Won't be back there until October, just before the leaves fall and make a mess.

And carp, which love murky water, catfish, too. And pike.
We have pike in every pit that manages to have permanent water and a pH above 5. Though some NJ Pine Barrens sand pit ponds have pH in the range of 4! You can see those from satellite. Bright blue-green water. Only a few microbe species survive in them.

We have pike in every pit that manages to have permanent water and a pH above 5. Though some NJ Pine Barrens sand pit ponds have pH in the range of 4! You can see those from satellite. Bright blue-green water. Only a few microbe species survive in them.
They are survivors, I've seen them in ponds and creeks that catch runoff from copper and iron mining and refining operations in northern MN and the U-P of Mi. Not sure how healthy, don't think I'd try to eat them.

They are survivors, I've seen them in ponds and creeks that catch runoff from copper and iron mining and refining operations in northern MN and the U-P of Mi. Not sure how healthy, don't think I'd try to eat them.
I've seen pickerel in less murky higher Ph water, too, around wood pulping plants.

Back