Dissolving gold with HCl and TCCA

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure who you are adressing.
Wheter you can or can not use the HCl-TCCA route to dissolve PGM sponge, I can't say for sure, as stated earlier in the thread.
HCl-H2O2 can do it and HCl-Sodium Chlorate are dissolving PGM sponge, so the free Cl ion should do the job regardless of where it come from.
HCl-H2O2 would do a cleaner job alongside AR since they do not introduce non gaseous substances to the mix.

Yggdrasil said:
I'm not sure who you are adressing.
Wheter you can or can not use the HCl-TCCA route to dissolve PGM sponge, I can't say for sure, as stated earlier in the thread.
HCl-H2O2 can do it and HCl-Sodium Chlorate are dissolving PGM sponge, so the free Cl ion should do the job regardless of where it come from.
HCl-H2O2 would do a cleaner job alongside AR since they do not introduce non gaseous substances to the mix.
Also, it has been my observation that if you dissolve Pd with HCl and chlorine (such as sodium hypochlorite) it is much harder to drop the salt using ammonium chloride and chlorine gas for some reason. Since I'm not a chemist, I have no clue as to the reason it does that. First noticed after dropping red Pd salt using ammonium chloride and dry hypochlorite. After hydrating the salt with HCl and water, it would not precipitate the salt again with the same chemicals without first cementing and redissolving the metal.

Back