Does copper only knock out gold or does it also knock out silver?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After you have pyrolized them, most people grind them to a powder and remove Iron with a magnet.
Then they gravity separate them.

But search the forum and read it all.
There are days of reading and it is worth it.
The problem is that the one with the gold is also made of iron, but I'll look it up on the forum!

Remember that the book was written in 1940 (actually it was written over a period of years and published in 1940). SMB was not used at that time, now was sulfamic acid to deNOX. Yes, a bit of sulfuric acid will drop any lead from solution. That is one of the advantages of using sulfamic acid. One of it's decomposition products is sulfuric acid, so it will deNOX a solution and also drop any lead.

C.M. Hoke was a lady. While she's often referred to as Ms. Hoke, she was actually married.

Dave
So sulphuric acid isn't necessary if you are using sulfamic acid to denox?

Hello! I wrote here earlier that I processed a lot of integrated circuits. As a test, I put some iron material in dilute nitric acid (1 liter of tap water and 1 liter of 53% acid). It has been in it for almost 2 weeks, but it hardly dissolved any iron. Why is that? How long does it take to dissolve it? The solution turned blue, which indicates silver. Thanks!

Hello! I wrote here earlier that I processed a lot of integrated circuits. As a test, I put some iron material in dilute nitric acid (1 liter of tap water and 1 liter of 53% acid). It has been in it for almost 2 weeks, but it hardly dissolved any iron. Why is that? How long does it take to dissolve it? The solution turned blue, which indicates silver. Thanks!
I don't know how long it will take, but blue indicate Copper not Silver.
Silver Nitrate is colorless.

Hello! Could you help me? I filtered the ar, it contained silver chloride and greenish blue powder. I poured the filtered solution into another container to make sure it was clean and looked clean, then I used urea (I know I shouldn't have, but I couldn't get sulfamic acid) then I dropped the gold with vitamin c and it worked. Now, however, there is a greenish-brown powder at the bottom of my container, and there is something in it that looks like granulated sugar, which is white in color. What can it be and what should I do about it? The gold drop was successful, but I think they could have slipped through the filter paper, which I didn't notice. Thanks!

Hello! Could you help me? I filtered the ar, it contained silver chloride and greenish blue powder. I poured the filtered solution into another container to make sure it was clean and looked clean, then I used urea (I know I shouldn't have, but I couldn't get sulfamic acid) then I dropped the gold with vitamin c and it worked. Now, however, there is a greenish-brown powder at the bottom of my container, and there is something in it that looks like granulated sugar, which is white in color. What can it be and what should I do about it? The gold drop was successful, but I think they could have slipped through the filter paper, which I didn't notice. Thanks!
What solution of AR?
You have been around doing different things, so for us that are all around the forum, it is not easy to keep in control what you have done earlier.
There will be very little Silver Chloride in AR.
You can avoid using Sufamic or Urea by using the Nitric correctly and then add a bit of Copper before Dropping the Gold.
I guess it is some of the Urea or Ascorbic Acid that crystallizes out when the solution cools down.
It can be avoided by filtering everything cold.
After the drop you can wash the Gold powder, with HCl and then water.

What solution of AR?
You have been around doing different things, so for us that are all around the forum, it is not easy to keep in control what you have done earlier.
There will be very little Silver Chloride in AR.
You can avoid using Sufamic or Urea by using the Nitric correctly and then add a bit of Copper before Dropping the Gold.
I guess it is some of the Urea or Ascorbic Acid that crystallizes out when the solution cools down.
It can be avoided by filtering everything cold.
After the drop you can wash the Gold powder, with HCl and then water.
Thanks for the answer! I put connectors in the ar, which I didn't take apart, but put them in together with plastic. It also had soldered material in it.

Thanks for the answer! I put connectors in the ar, which I didn't take apart, but put them in together with plastic. It also had soldered material in it.
You should have been here long enough to know not to mix solder with Nitric.
Well, you probably was lucky this time, since you didn’t report any filtering issues.

First question:
Was all metallic parts dissolved?

Second:
How did you mix your AR?
Did you heat it?

Third:
Why do you think there was Silver in it?

Well, you probably was lucky this time, since you didn’t report any filtering issues.

First question:

Second:
How did you mix your AR?
Did you heat it?

Third:
Everything was resolved. I mixed the aqua regia beforehand, I know it's not supposed to be that way, but in this case I did it this way. I didn't warm it up. I think because I think there was also a silver-plated part in it, but I'm not sure about that.

Everything was resolved. I mixed the aqua regia beforehand, I know it's not supposed to be that way, but in this case I did it this way. I didn't warm it up. I think because I think there was also a silver-plated part in it, but I'm not sure about that.
Your white crystals are most likely some Urea derivative, since you had to use much to get the fizzing to stop?

Do not do this anymore.
Stop completely and start reading.
Anything you have started, stop it, and stow it away until you have studied so you understand what you are doing.
Ok???

Your white crystals are most likely some Urea derivative, since you had to use much to get the fizzing to stop?

Do not do this anymore.
Stop completely and start reading.
Anything you have started, stop it, and stow it away until you have studied so you understand what you are doing.
Ok???
I had to use a lot of urea. OK, I'll stop. So should I wash what I have now with hydrochloric acid and then with water and get the gold dust?

„Közösség által ellenőrizve” ikon

https://www.google.com/search?q=for...EAiAEAkgEAmAEAsAEP&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-hp#

That should be safe to do, you will probably need to re refine it at a later time,
but boil it in water and then a good hot HCl wash before a final water wash.
Dry it and store it for later.
Ok and thanks for your help!

First question:

Second:
How did you mix your AR?
Did you heat it?

Third:
I know about the "dangers" of solder. I thought I would refine it twice and add sulfuric acid to save on sulfuric acid. Do you think this is a good idea?

I know about the "dangers" of solder. I thought I would refine it twice and add sulfuric acid to save on sulfuric acid. Do you think this is a good idea?
??
So you save sulfuric by using sulfuric?
So why do you plan to use Sulfuric?

Refining twice, I agree with.
And since you did not use Sulfamic I even agree with using a drop or two to remove Lead.
But I don’t see another use of it now.

And I thought the plan was to set it aside until you have studied enough to understand the processes.

Back