dropping gold from A/P using SMB

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golddigger2

Hi I have done many batches of fingers and now have an abundance of A/P solution I would like to precipitate any dissolved gold before disposing of the used solution. Do you need to neutralize the A/P solution before trying to drop the gold with SMB? Is it necessary to dilute the solution prior to dropping with SMB?

I have searched the forum but cant find any info on this particular question. If any one has the answer to my questions or can point me to a previous post i would be greatful.

Some of the answer would depend on how much, and how stong of H2O2 you have in it, if the solution is dark green you can add SMB and it will precipitate any gold you may have in it, no need to neutralize in this step. If it is very light green with a bunch of stong H2O2, giving it a strong boil first would not be a bad idea, that would help to convert the peroxide to water, once you add SMb this solution will not be good to use for acid peroxide again, which you can do if you dont add sulfites to it and save it for next batch, and get any gold out later,
you should read steves information on acid peroxide, he has gave tons of information on it, also read up on dealing with waste, so you can precipitate out the dangerous metals neutralize and make these solution's safe for disposal.

Latest posts

Back