Ever heard of the Amalgamite Process? - Updated

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pilotdan

Ebay item # 330220731296

What is Amalgamite? Seems strange. Anyone tried it or using it?

Below is the copied text from the ad.

THE AMALGAMITE PROCESS

AMALGAMITE is a new product and process for recovering your gold
and other precious metals f4rom gold scrap, as well as black sand concentrates.

For fingers, pins, crushed cpu's, and any other plated material, just melt your amalgamite
in a cast iron skillet or pot, and add the scrap..
Stir a while and watch the gold disapear from the scrap,
and leave the plastic, copper, brqass and all other trash floating on top,
to be scooped off and thrown away.

This process is non toxic and can be done in the kitchen on the stove...

Warning however, I suggets you do anything with resin, such as fingers,
or pc board material outside or under a ventilation hood (stove vent is fine),
as the resin will smoke, and that can be toxic in an unventilated area.

This material melts at approximately 520 degrees F, then acts like Mercury...
It will collect the precious metals, which then can be dropped from the Amalgamite in minutes.

This process is proven and is safe.

No more having to be a chemist to get your gold... No more toxic fumes, no more big acid messes.

The Amalgamite is expensive initially, but can be used forever, just like Mercury,
without the chances of killing yourself, or injury

Full easy to follow instructions will be included with each purchase, and this is sold by the pound.

I use two pounds to work with.

If you spill the Amalgamite, it cools as soon as it spills, and you can just pick i
t up and put it back into the pot to remelt, as all contaminants will float to the top and can be skimmed off!

For Black sand concentrates, the procedure is the same...
Put your cons in the melted Amalgamite, and stir it for a few minutes.

All of the gold, silver and PGM's will be sucked up into this sponge.

i e-mailed the person in question and he says that it works but the questions that i asked were like how many times have you used this process your self and the only answer he gave is that he used it recently.
and i asked him what he processed in this and he would not answer that one . so i think that he is full of junk please correct me if im wrong on this
donald

I emailed him too. I am going to buy some and just report on it.

I asked if there was a data sheet, here is the response:

There is no data sheet as of yet, but I assure you it is totally safe for you and the environment... It has no dangerous fumes, it cuts out most of the chemicals needed to get to your gold... The only place where you can have a problem is working with board material, like pc boards, plastic, and fingers, as these have resin on them and they get hot enough to smoke, and that smoke can be toxic... If doing that kind of material, do it outside for safety reasons, but processing pins, ceramic cpu's and the such, it is safe to do on your kitchen stove...Bill, Goldco Mining

He has a good rating and has been selling chemicals and such for a long time.

I don't know weather to believe it or not. Guess I will find out if I can get some.

Thoughts? If anyone knows what this is, I would really appreciate hearing about it.

People who sell chemicals without a data-sheet should be handled with great care (and so should their chemicals!)

I wonder if it is bismuth. Bismuth melts at about 510F and it is commonly used as a replacement for lead. In fact, since about 5 people here have asked me about doing fire assays, I am considering doing them with bismuth as a substitute for lead.

Lou

if you are going to experiment with this PLEASE,PLEASE take great care . and be extremely careful without a msds data sheet to back any thing up you are going at this blindly so be extremely cautious . OK with that said please inform the rest of us on the progress of it :D :D :D

donald236 said:
if you are going to experiment with this PLEASE,PLEASE take great care . and be extremely careful without a msds data sheet to back any thing up you are going at this blindly so be extremely cautious . OK with that said please inform the rest of us on the progress of it :D :D :D

No doubt I would take great care. Outside and with a mask, gloves, and PPE. I might video tape it just so I can get some input from everyone.

Lou said:
I wonder if it is bismuth. Bismuth melts at about 510F and it is commonly used as a replacement for lead. In fact, since about 5 people here have asked me about doing fire assays, I am considering doing them with bismuth as a substitute for lead.

Lou

I looked up Bismuth and the picture looks a lot like what is pictured in the ebay ad. I was wondering what your thoughts are on this if it is bismuth? Would it work like he claims?

Lou, looks like you nailed this one!

They even use the same picture in there add as does this roto metals outfit.

They have the stuff for 16.99 per pound.

So I would imagine if a spot price were to be found, it would be somewhere near half of that.

This is there web page: http://www.rotometals.com/_c_36.html?gclid=CNj86I68nZICFQkziQodnRgjdw

Yup it's bismuth. I got back a reply from the seller. I have been emailing back and forth with him. Does anyone here know him?

I have had a good success with it so far... We have put it through rigorous testing, and all works out great... The gold is dropped in whatever purity it goes in, and it drops as gold gold, not a precipitate of gold... If it is not taken in as 24k, if that is the purity you want, you still have to refine it... This is just a safe way to get the gold out and off the plated material... No, to drop the gold, you just use a 25% nitric acid solution... This takes the Amalgamite into solution, and the gold is left behind, so no, no more aqua regia and such to get the gold...Bill, Goldco Mining. I cannot tell you exactly what this is made of yet, but in the near future I can... We are in the process of trade marking the product and process...Bill, Goldco Mining

Then I asked him about it being Bismuth. At first he said he could not say. Then he wrote this.

Ok, I talked to my partner, and he told me it was safe to tell you about the Amalgamite and the process. Amalgamite is bismuth, but the Amalgamite Process is so much more. Our process is so much different than anything else ever used. With the Amalgamite, you will recieve full instructions, and He is writing a manual, which wil;l contain our absolute full process and the implements needed... Our process is brand new, and if you follow the istructional cd that will come with it, you will be successful... There is a big section on assaying the Amalgamite, but skip through that, as we don't need it...Bill, Goldco Mining

So maybe he will just sell me his process. I don't know that this is worth it though. To get pure gold you would still need to refine it. Any thought's?

I found this.

When excess water is added to bismuth in nitric....a white powder precipitates.

Not sure if this powder is easily melted.

Were did you find out about ammonia to drop?
This is getting interesting.......;)

Platdigger said:
I found this.

When excess water is added to bismuth in nitric....a white powder precipitates.

Not sure if this powder is easily melted.

Were did you find out about ammonia to drop?
This is getting interesting.......;)

Here is an email from us discussing this.

The answer to that is yes, I will put you down for two pounds, and it has never before been on the market... It is our new discovery, and to tell you the truth, I will never try to be a chemist any more... This is so much safer, and non toxic... The only chemicals you will need is nitric acid to take the Amalgamite into solution to release the gold, and ammonia to get the Amalgamite back. It is so much simpler, and when you read the instruction cd, and you have any questions, we will be glad to answer them... This is the breakthrough that we have all needed... I will gladly inform you as to when I get it in for you...Thanks a million, Bill, Goldco Mining

Might be worth trying. I did tell him I would buy from him and I hate to go back on my word. Any thoughts on the purity of the gold? It seems like you would still need to refine the gold if you wanted pure gold.

On another note, Bismuth is a lung and mucus membrane irritant. I did advise him to stop telling people to cook this stuff up in the kitchen.

After thinking about this some more.

Since bismuth is more like lead than mercury, in the sense that bismuth will actually form alloys with different metals, you have the problem of seperating the bismuth from not only the gold, but the other metals as well.

What I am getting at is this, say you have just two metals you are dealing with.

Copper and gold, for instance.

When you take up the bismuth in nitric, you take up the copper also.

So unless you controll the ph to selectively precipitate each metal.....

What I am getting at is this, it seems this could become more complicated than it is worth for say, scrap proccessing.

That is if you want to continue to recycle the bismuth.

Which is also the only way this would be economic.
I hope I am wrong here.

Lou......could you desrcibe the method you would use bismuth with, for doing assays?
Randy

Back