Extracting Gold From Polishing Rags And Bench Sweepings

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hello my name is jerry , and I am a global metal recycler and I am currently experimenting on extracting gold from jewerly store polishing cloths and wheels and
also bench sweep , and fileings. What is the best method from extracting the gold from these items.

Please reply back or call me at 469-742-1754 ask for jerry

also if there is some kinda of video or tape of how the proccess works , so I can learn to do this on my own.

Thank You

Jerry,

Welcome, Jerry,

Are you ready to start searching?

Harold_V published the quintessential methods for doing these things on this forum. All you have to do is find them.

Does this subject sound like Prospecting to you?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/17599416/Harold-V

All the answers you want can be found in the two links above.

Maybe the words global metal recycler throws me off but to me that says quantity. The methods posted in this forum work well for a jeweler processing his or her own material and having a relatively modest quantity.

If you are talking quantity you should be thinking burn, crush, sift, and sample. Acid refining is too costly on a large scale for low grade material (sweeps) and most who have tried acid on a large scale find the residues have to be shipped to a low grade refiner to recover the retained metals. Refining rates for prepared sweeps are quite reasonable.

Latest posts

Back