Failed! POOR'S MAN NITRIC ACID

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mixed rams old from 386 486 server rams , printer rams sdram ddram ddram2 all types but I process only the fingers the IC no , and the finger I proces in combination with card fingers , I don't know why but in general gold fingers from don't give a big yeld like fingers from card.
Thank you for the information mate but what are card fingers usually ram memory older cards of DDR (128mb sort of ) ,but do you mean card fingers as "cards of memory rams or cards of graphic for play...(graphic cards).Can't get any such in the market for sale as many neglect those graphic card fingers as low yields.

had any members tested only with ddr2 and ddr3 yields if some members had their experience with ddr2 and ddr3 please clarify.

regards
swami nair

Thank you for the information mate but what are card fingers usually ram memory older cards of DDR (128mb sort of ) ,but do you mean card fingers as "cards of memory rams or cards of graphic for play...(graphic cards).Can't get any such in the market for sale as many neglect those graphic card fingers as low yields.

had any members tested only with ddr2 and ddr3 yields if some members had their experience with ddr2 and ddr3 please clarify.

regards
swami nair
cards any kind of circuit bord who have gold plated fingers connector or pin connector

This is most likely a resistor 40w 120M ohms.
Which means most likely that the wire is some kind of resistor wire. Unless it came from some high end space military thing I doubt there are PMs in there. If you can, melt it and get it shot by XRF.
Then you have another input.
bat I have another type in this movie are 3 wire ,,resistors,, and he say is possible to be silver , I have exact that type but from Soviet phone central and sncl test show me black positive for palladium

The picture looks more like a wire wound resistor, although some soviet wire may contain values, more likely the wire is nichrome or a type of Kanthal wire, alloys of iron which are similar to stainless steels alloyed with chromium which gives it oxidation resistance, which also makes it resistant to acids.
this is non magnetic and after is dissolved in aqua regia the solution get the colour green

I don't know what is but the sncl test turn black and when I burn with a flame make a blueis film
Just relaying the info online.
The design is definitely a resistor and the markings indicate the same.
If one use an Oxyacetylene torch it should melt ok.
And if you have a button it is easy to shoot it with an XRF.
Just make sure it is in proper mode with proper libraries.

This is most likely a resistor 40w 120M ohms.
Which means most likely that the wire is some kind of resistor wire. Unless it came from some high end space military thing I doubt there are PMs in there. If you can, melt it and get it shot by XRF.
Then you have another input.
like that ,, resistor,, from the middle I have from Soviet phone central is identic with that
this is non magnetic and after is dissolved in aqua regia the solution get the colour green

Just relaying the info online.
The design is definitely a resistor and the markings indicate the same.
If one use an Oxyacetylene torch it should melt ok.
And if you have a button it is easy to shoot it with an XRF.
Just make sure it is in proper mode with proper libraries.
I have my oxy/propane torch but I don't ha xrf

Sulfuric do not dissolve Gold, unless it is used in an electrolytic cell. And even then it is not the Sulfuric acid, but the Persulfuric acid created by the voltage very close to the anode.
So if it actually dissolves Gold it is likely that your Nitrates or Sulfuric is contaminated with Chloride of some kind.
Definitely. Nitric and sulfuric mixed will not dissolve gold, without something else present. Otherwise, there'd be no need for aq. reg.

I find 3 diodes not 2 I have one intact is in picture but on internet I don't find any information this are Soviet from 80'
Yes, these are wire resistors. And yes, old Soviet resistors could have some PGMs in wiring. To my knowledge palladium positive test should give you deep green colour if diluted. When gold or palladium are very concentrated, it tend to be misleading for untrained eye. Try to dilute the solution and test again - watch how the drop react with tested solution on the interface - if unstirred, you should be able to clearly see the greenish tinge.

Do not trust oxidation tests, nickel, stainless steel, kanthal, nichrome... All of that oxidize to provide plentiful of colors :)

Also, when you dissolve the material in AR, you can clearly distinguish PGMs (PdPt) from nickel or nichrome, by the different coloured solutions. Both are quite resistant and do not react very quick, but PGMs give you orange/red solutions, while NiCr and Ni give you green solutions. This, in combination with positive stannous is quite strong proof of PGMs presence.

Altough not all components, they marked components with precious metals content with the rhombus mark, circled red on the photo. If you find this mark on some scrap, it is very very likely (almost certain) that it contain PMs - Ag, Au, Pt, Pd or Rh.
But it do not apply in reverse - that if the rhombus mark is missing, there are no PMs. Many times, there are PMs and marking is missing. Some facilities used also triangle and square markings... But they aren´t that certain in terms of probability as rhombus.
dfghjk.jpg

Like these - PdPt MLCCs, relays and ICs (where gold content is quite obvious from first sight, so not very much of them is marked).

Attachments

• 4e64ba6b6fa60e92.jpg
    4e64ba6b6fa60e92.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 1
  • photo-m2id35415.jpg
    photo-m2id35415.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 1
  • res-49-new-russian-military-paladium-contact-relay-500x500.jpg
    res-49-new-russian-military-paladium-contact-relay-500x500.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 1
  • s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1
Yes, these are wire resistors. And yes, old Soviet resistors could have some PGMs in wiring. To my knowledge palladium positive test should give you deep green colour if diluted. When gold or palladium are very concentrated, it tend to be misleading for untrained eye. Try to dilute the solution and test again - watch how the drop react with tested solution on the interface - if unstirred, you should be able to clearly see the greenish tinge.

Do not trust oxidation tests, nickel, stainless steel, kanthal, nichrome... All of that oxidize to provide plentiful of colors :)

Also, when you dissolve the material in AR, you can clearly distinguish PGMs (PdPt) from nickel or nichrome, by the different coloured solutions. Both are quite resistant and do not react very quick, but PGMs give you orange/red solutions, while NiCr and Ni give you green solutions. This, in combination with positive stannous is quite strong proof of PGMs presence.
when I try to precipitate palladium from this resistor wire with sodium carbonate and formic acid and I failed because on the bottom of beaker don't was any palladium and after all of this I pour the solution out I find on the wall of beaker a very fine black powder but don't was a big quantitie and I take the powder with a paper .
Is possible that black fine powder from beakers wall to be palladium?

Altough not all components, they marked components with precious metals content with the rhombus mark, circled red on the photo. If you find this mark on some scrap, it is very very likely (almost certain) that it contain PMs - Ag, Au, Pt, Pd or Rh.
But it do not apply in reverse - that if the rhombus mark is missing, there are no PMs. Many times, there are PMs and marking is missing. Some facilities used also triangle and square markings... But they aren´t that certain in terms of probability as rhombus.
View attachment 51994
probably this is the reason sncl test show me positive for palladium, I will try to buy some DMG(not the money are problems,the problem is availablity where I am) and drop I see DMG drop of palladium is easy quick from dirty solutions with base metals

when I try to precipitate palladium from this resistor wire with sodium carbonate and formic acid and I failed because on the bottom of beaker don't was any palladium and after all of this I pour the solution out I find on the wall of beaker a very fine black powder but don't was a big quantitie and I take the powder with a paper .
Is possible that black fine powder from beakers wall to be palladium?
How did you performed the reduction ? It is a slow reaction requiring prolonged heating and good pH adjustment.
Pd on the walls is real, it tend to form mirrors also.
It does not necessarily mean there is lot of precious metals in the wire, if it is marked with rhombus. Also hard to just say it is palladium without some clear evidence.

Like these - PdPt MLCCs, relays and ICs (where gold content is quite obvious from first sight, so not very much of them is marked).
I find in that type of relay pure 24 k gold contacts From 22 relay I collect 2.7 gr 24 k gold and I have another relays with pure palladium and platinum contacts

How did you performed the reduction ? It is a slow reaction requiring prolonged heating and good pH adjustment.
Pd on the walls is real, it tend to form mirrors also.
It does not necessarily mean there is lot of precious metals in the wire, if it is marked with rhombus. Also hard to just say it is palladium without some clear evidence.
I follow this procedure

Back