• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale For sale: Boards and Ceramic CPUs

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are no "list" of correct prices out there.
You have Boardsort and similar that has their prices. With which they make a comfortable profit. (My guess)
And you have Ebay prices with which the sellers sometimes/always make a ludicrous amount of profit.
And all in between.

If you are buying, you buy at the prices you feel you can afford and as cheap as you can get it.
If you sell you sell as high as you can, and preferably at prices that lets you have a profit.
Consistent volume are often the key to actually being able to have an income to let you survive at this.
And also the stumbling block most can't overcome.
well said!

Chaff free reply here> If you want what "they're worth" then sort them accordingly, until then you will continue to attract scepticism and offers lower than what they may be worth.

There is an old saying about the value of something is what someone is willing to pay, perhaps the advice above may pay or not , this is your material so your call as to what to do .

"And you have Ebay prices with which the sellers sometimes/always make a ludicrous amount of profit.
And all in between."

And the only way to get E-Bay prices is to sell on E-Bay. You know there is not one E-scrap buyer out there who would pay E-Bay prices on scrap, even if it's as nice as this stuff.

Well sorted, clean, well prepared scrap will always demand the top money, both on E-Bay and scrap buyers. And the best way to prepare/clean/sort scrap is while you are scrapping the equipment. Let it pile up, it never gets processed as good as it should be. This lot that was discussed in the post, I see some real good stuff in there, but there is also some real bad stuff mixed in with it. That is a price killer in itself. Someone had said there was 400 pound of boards per gaylord. Well, that is another red flag for me. You should get a lot more weight in a gaylord filled with high grade scrap. This is what buyers want to see when you say high grade boards.

But even if you are not a seller and are refining stuff yourself. Good prep work pays off every time when it comes to refine time. :)

Attachments

• DSC04760.JPG
    DSC04760.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 3
  • DSC04762.JPG
    DSC04762.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 3
"And you have Ebay prices with which the sellers sometimes/always make a ludicrous amount of profit.
And all in between."

And the only way to get E-Bay prices is to sell on E-Bay. You know there is not one E-scrap buyer out there who would pay E-Bay prices on scrap, even if it's as nice as this stuff.

Well sorted, clean, well prepared scrap will always demand the top money, both on E-Bay and scrap buyers. And the best way to prepare/clean/sort scrap is while you are scrapping the equipment. Let it pile up, it never gets processed as good as it should be. This lot that was discussed in the post, I see some real good stuff in there, but there is also some real bad stuff mixed in with it. That is a price killer in itself. Someone had said there was 400 pound of boards per gaylord. Well, that is another red flag for me. You should get a lot more weight in a gaylord filled with high grade scrap. This is what buyers want to see when you say high grade boards.

But even if you are not a seller and are refining stuff yourself. Good prep work pays off every time when it comes to refine time. :)
That is the between part :LOL:(y)

I don't say you can not make good deals in Ebay, but there are plenty of "scam" like deals to have.
So both eyes need to be open and your mind awake.

Hey guys could I get yalls thoughts on these boards.

Attachments

• 20221215_173512.heic
    3.3 MB · Views: 2
  • 20221215_173341.heic
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221215_162831.heic
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221215_164943.heic
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Hey guys could I get yalls thoughts on these boards.
Please keep a correct full language in the forum, some of our members rely on translators to understand, and slang like "yalls" don't translate well.
If you post your pictures in "normal" formats like JPEG or PNG they will show in the post directly.
Now people have to deliberately click on them.
I for one never do that.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I am learning and its very much appreciated. I will be more mindful. I will also see what I can do about photos.

I did not mean to upload the one board twice.

No problem. I deleted it. FrugalRefiner

Last edited by a moderator:
These boards are out of the Ericsson RRUS 11 B12. I have about 200 total units with each containing these 2 boards. Trying to see what I should do to get the best value out of these along with wondering if anyone is interested in the boards or the complete units?

I guess if I was to have said Im a millionaire look at what I got, a few would give me feedback of how it was no where close and then point out what I do have and the value of such. So could someone please just help me understand a fair value with out the above. I have someone interested from this forum and a local but both gentlemen are asking what I am selling for and Im not sure what a fair value is to quote them. If someone could pleaae share your knowledge I would be very grateful. Thank you in advance.

I guess if I was to have said Im a millionaire look at what I got, a few would give me feedback of how it was no where close and then point out what I do have and the value of such.
This statement right here is not winning you any friends, but it will definitely agitate quite a few. Also, a millionaire in this industry wouldn't be on here asking about these boards, for several reasons which are unimportant in this topic of discussion, or at least for what you're wanting guidance on.

With that said, you have a couple options. The first option is for resell as it is, and the options after that are for treating it like E-waste at scrap value.

Option 1 (Best Option): Test all the units you have for working ones. The working equipment, even used, is going to sell for far more than the precious metals that are in it. Non working units can likely be repaired easily by the people that would have interest in what they are. A good place to start for finding buyers of this type of equipment would be at a ham radio convention.

The following options are at scrap value.

Option 2 (easiest option): Sell the units as they are. Let someone else do the hard work of tearing it down. 20 cents ($0.20) USD/LB. is a fair number. You could get this at large scale specialized facilities, but you will have to ship it, or take it in yourself.
If you get this type of equipment regularly, and want repeat buyers that come to you, then you could go as low as 10 cents ($0.10) USD/LB.

Most scrap yards that do copper pipe/wire/motors/ etc. would give you 15 Cents ($0.15) /LB. as copper content.

At the very least, a steel yard would give you 7.5 Cents ($0.075) USD/LB. as dirty steel. Taking it to a steel yard is a last resort, and there should be no reason for you to go this route.

Option 3 (the tedious option): Disassemble, pull the boards, and separate the rest of the parts into piles. Heat sink shrouds, power supplies, mixed wire can go to a local yard.

Your boards, even though pretty with visible gold, that gold layer is only a couple microns thick, and is misleading. It's so thin that it will melt into the solder used to attach the components. Your boards are low grade telecom. At a specialized large scale facility, that you have to transport or ship to, you're looking at $3/LB. USD give or take a dollar. If you're selling to someone on here, or a local that's coming to you. $1-$1.50/LB. is fair.

The following is just for example if I was to have interest:

If it was me coming to you, to buy all of it, I would pay $0.15/LB. for the equipment as it is, I would pay $0.20/LB. USD if you brought it to me.

If I was just buying the boards, I would buy all of it at $1/LB. USD, I would double that to $2/LB. USD if you brought the boards to me.

I hope this helps. Have a good day.

Edit* This specific post is in regards to the Ericsson RRUS 11 B12 Equipment/Boards, and not the inventory listed by the OP at the beginning of this thread.

Last edited:
i have roughly 2k-3k lbs. in boards at 5.75 lb thats close to 15k alone...
chips about another 100 lbs. at 175 lb..
i think you will need more than that my friend..
heres a video of just the gold chips...note your name and date written on box!

FYI Those 30 IC’s shown at about 6 seconds into the chip video apparently failed production tests so were not completed. They don’t have the gold plated caps, they don’t have the gold braze that would attach those caps, the pins don’t appear to be gold plated, and it can’t be seen whether they’ve had any gold bond wires attached or not either? So a good portion of the gold that could normally be recovered from chips like that is not there. In any case I don’t know how many more of your chips are similarly unfinished, but those are not worth as much as complete chips.

Thank you for your reply, I made a deal with a gentleman that made a generous offer. I wasnt sure at first but with the numbers you through out there it confirmed it. I really do appreciate the time you took to write me a response. Thank you sir.
This statement right here is not winning you any friends, but it will definitely agitate quite a few. Also, a millionaire in this industry wouldn't be on here asking about these boards, for several reasons which are unimportant in this topic of discussion, or at least for what you're wanting guidance on.

With that said, you have a couple options. The first option is for resell as it is, and the options after that are for treating it like E-waste at scrap value.

Option 1 (Best Option): Test all the units you have for working ones. The working equipment, even used, is going to sell for far more than the precious metals that are in it. Non working units can likely be repaired easily by the people that would have interest in what they are. A good place to start for finding buyers of this type of equipment would be at a ham radio convention.

Option 2 (easiest option): Sell the units as they are. Let someone else do the hard work of tearing it down. 20 cents ($0.20) USD/LB. is a fair number. You could get this at large scale specialized facilities, but you will have to ship it, or take it in yourself.
If you get this type of equipment regularly, and want repeat buyers that come to you, then you could go as low as 10 cents ($0.10) USD/LB.

Most scrap yards that do copper pipe/wire/motors/ etc. would give you 15 Cents ($0.15) /LB. as copper content.

At the very least, a steel yard would give you 7.5 Cents ($0.075) USD/LB. as dirty steel. Taking it to a steel yard is a last resort, and there should be no reason for you to go this route.

Option 3 (the tedious option): Disassemble, pull the boards, and separate the rest of the parts into piles. Heat sink shrouds, power supplies, mixed wire can go to a local yard.

Your boards, even though pretty with visible gold, that gold layer is only a couple microns thick, and is misleading. It's so thin that it will melt into the solder used to attach the components. Your boards are low grade telecom. At a specialized large scale facility, that you have to transport or ship to, you're looking at $3/LB. USD give or take a dollar. If you're selling to someone on here, or a local that's coming to you. $1-$1.50/LB. is fair.

If it was me coming to you, to buy all of it, I would pay $0.15/LB. for the equipment as it is, I would pay $0.20/LB. USD if you brought it to me.

If I was just buying the boards, I would buy all of it at $1/LB. USD, I would double that to $2/LB. USD if you brought the boards to me.

Edit* This specific post is in regards to the Ericsson RRUS 11 B12 Equipment/Boards, and not the inventory listed by the OP at the beginning of this thread.

I don't know man, your numbers seem low...
Could you please elaborate on that 0.2 USD/LB number?
networking equipment usually go maybe about 2-3 times that?
Also (just guessing, I am not familiar with Ericsson RRUS 11 B12) isn't the most of the units weight aluminium (casing & heatsink)?

Im not sure on value but here is 9 boards of one kind ive taken apart. They are beautiful boards. Ive been study material and reading trying to learn. This is what im working with and another type board both posted above. I hope to learn more on my adventure. I will say this if you've never disassembled one its alot of screws, in which is a small price to pay to learn. But it is time consuming. i but this 9 together and thought about doing a expoxy coffee table. Really just wanted to share the beautiful pic and still hope someone will be kind enough to mark some componets on the boards because chips, etc.. get comfusing to me. Im a challenged learner at this but Ill overcome.

Back