Fraud with Gold of 18K

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tub Buster,

I appreciate your science lesson but have you actually tried using a Vicker's or Rockwell tester? I have access to some Testers used in the Aircraft industry and I must say that the results are confusing at best. Usually you are not dealing with 100% metal but a fraud trying to cheat the honest people on this earth.

To answer the question would an Alpha Mirage Scale catch a Filled Gold bar? There is a difference between Tungsten of 19 SG compared to Gold of 17. I have never actually seen a filled bar but I would have to say Yes, I think it will. The latest scale actually gives you gold purity accurate to about 1%. The reading the scale on the Machine would give you is in excess of 24kt. I am not sure about you but I think my alarms would be going off. I am sure If I was the one trying to cheat people, I would come up with a mixture that will replicate pure gold. I don't know what that is but I sure it is possible. To be 100% honest, I don't know as I have not seen or bought one. . . . Yet!

Dan

Hi Martin,
I also become one of the victim of gold scam today as your friend. Story was that, “ i was shopping grocery and a man approached to me holding 24k gold chain in his hand. He gave me the chain to have a look at and the gold was 24k only and was almont about 40gm. He ask $1000. I have a good knowledge of gold and I knew I would make more so I bargain the price to $600 and gave him the money. I was happy but when I came home I saw a fake gold chain. The point to note is that the chain that he showed me was pure gold but the gold chain I received was fake that means he actually suffled the pouch. The design of the chain was also different.

So Martin, your friend may have not noticed the design and the pouch.

Subin said:
Hi Martin,
I also become one of the victim of gold scam today as your friend. Story was that, “ i was shopping grocery and a man approached to me holding 24k gold chain in his hand. He gave me the chain to have a look at and the gold was 24k only and was almont about 40gm. He ask $1000. I have a good knowledge of gold and I knew I would make more so I bargain the price to $600 and gave him the money. I was happy but when I came home I saw a fake gold chain. The point to note is that the chain that he showed me was pure gold but the gold chain I received was fake that means he actually suffled the pouch. The design of the chain was also different.

So Martin, your friend may have not noticed the design and the pouch.

Martin was;
Last active: Sat May 18, 2013 10:03 am. Welcome to the forum.

nickvc said:
Jim not to be pendantic but his post is dated 2014... :D

Where did you see that?
He was responding to Martin, not Dan.

Here is Martin's info;
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=33576

I'm all about diy(do it yourself 😋) techniquea; almost as creative as Magiver. Fill a cup/bowl/pot/ or whatever, & then drop the shiney bit in.

Back