Full Automatic Pressure washing of scrap from gold foil after AP method

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domus1212

Hi,

Have someone there an idea how to wash scrap from gold foil after AP method with Full Automatic?

I will attach a file how I think of it.

Maybe there is some better method?

I have one other in thought.

What do you think? Could it work efficient?

Every idea will be pleased. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• AP rinsing.png
    AP rinsing.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 213
I think reinventing the wheel, would be a project best challenged only after you learn what makes is roll, and why it was so useful throughout history, and of all of the work of those wheelwrights that came before us and understanding their struggles to improve the wheels to what we have today.

Pressure washing fine gold, why not work on something as important as making a better wheel or better mouse trap.

I would first study how others wash their gold powders or gold foils or powders...

In this youtube movie from 9:00 is about washing foils from AP without creating waste liquid. https://youtu.be/R5TCeMH9JqM

Verstuurd vanaf mijn STK-LX1 met Tapatalk

butcher said:
I think reinventing the wheel, would be a project best challenged only after you learn what makes is roll, and why it was so useful throughout history, and of all of the work of those wheelwrights that came before us and understanding their struggles to improve the wheels to what we have today.

Pressure washing fine gold, why not work on something as important as making a better wheel or better mouse trap.

I would first study how others wash their gold powders or gold foils or powders...

I think you misunderstand me. I'm going to full automate the process. There could't be any manual rinsing, because it's stupid.

The main question is that: There is a method called AP, all the people for many years use it, but how to automate it?

Slochteren said:
In this youtube movie from 9:00 is about washing foils from AP without creating waste liquid. https://youtu.be/R5TCeMH9JqM

Verstuurd vanaf mijn STK-LX1 met Tapatalk

Thank you. This method is quite simillar to what I draw on the first image. Did you see any time how they rinsed it through the bottle with small gaps? What with the pressure and will it work correctly with full efficiency?

domus1212 said:
butcher said:

I think you misunderstand me. I'm going to full automate the process. There could't be any manual rinsing, because it's stupid.

The main question is that: There is a method called AP, all the people for many years use it, but how to automate it?
Washing is creating extra waste.
You would need to be recirculating the AP and filtering, oxygenating and continuous analysis and control of HCL concentration of the chemical make up of the AP preventing insoluble CuCl1 clogging up filters.

Gold foils float really easy. Panning does not work very well on foils, so i have doubts about pressure washing.
What are you trying to separate from the foils?
What do you gain with separating the non gold solids which are usually insoluble in AR?
If the AP is left to work long enough and the source material is clean enough, what needs to be washed?

How much profit is lost in washing pcb foils from AP with such a system. Equipment costs, maintenance and start up tweaking.
Is it like trying to get the gold out of sea water? No disrespect intended.

Martijn.

1. First, washing is never creating extra waste, because you use AP Solution to wash scrap

2. Secondly as you mention, it need to be oxidized. pH don't have to be checked, because you use concentrated HCl on the begining and only use CuCl2 as a main compound. CuCl2 naturally hydrolise to pH about 3-4.

3. For others I will only write that: high pressure washing and dipping work very well - I mean of course washing pcb boards and gold pins.

4. You get usually on the bottom not only gold foil, but also iron, tin acids, insoluable chlorides and sulfates (like AgCl and PbCl2), and also some silver foil. You add AR and then after filtration you get rid of silver, tin and lead (maybe not so visable on small scale). Secondly you can use ammonia to take some Palladium and Platinum.

5. No profil will be lost, it is as simple as it is. Also the cost of 1 high pressure pump and 3 socket peristaltic pump and some plastic buckets and bowls is less than $100.

I mean no disrespect here but why bother building a unit when if after rinsing you still have some foils left you can simply rinse the boards in a weak AR solution to dissolve the foils and any non magnetic pins can be put in the stock pot to dissolve more base metals and cement any gold left in your solutions. To me it seems you are looking for a hard way to solve simple problems.

Back