• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Fume Hood, scrubber for sale?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willin2

Newbie to this. I am taking seriously y'all's suggestions on safety. I haven't gotten very far on setting up a lab I'm lonely in it for one or $200 . beakers, furnace and stuff like that. I have boiled down some PCBs and ram fingers. Before I go with the nitric acid and stomp out I want to set up a fume hood and scrubber. I have about 24 in widtge to work and the space has a door opening to the outside right next to it it's a store room off my garage. Any suggestions or anybody got a small fume hood scrubber for sale?

Thanks

Willin

willin2 said:
I have about 24 in widtge to work and the space has a door opening to the outside right next to it it's a store room off my garage. Any suggestions or anybody got a small fume hood scrubber for sale?

My suggestion is do NOT refine in your home, your garage, a room off your garage, or anywhere else you live.

Dave

No one said not to do anything. What Dave wrote was very specific. Let me expound on that. Unsafe practices will eventually cost someone their health, or their life.

Read the safety section two or three times. When you think you are understanding proper safety protocol, read the section again. Make notes. Not notes in your head. Real notes on real paper. Ask questions to ensure you are understanding and practicing proper safety.

As far as a fume hood, make your own. There are several posts regarding this on the forum.

Time for more coffee.

Willinn2, see it from our point of view. We don't want to discourage people or being mean. But not everyone have a safe place to do refining.

NOx gases can cause cancer over time, hydrochloric vapor will rust every piece of iron in your vicinity. If you start refining in a garden shed every nail in it and every tool will be covered in rust within a month. Either you have a safe place outside where the gases can be dispersed before reaching a house or animals, or you have a proper fume hood adapted for acid work.

We have seen hundreds of people like you who have no clue about the dangers, who only sees the gold at the end of the process and doesn't let anything we say discourage them. We have even had a couple of members ending up in a hospital, so heed the warnings and don't do any refining until you understand the process well and have a safe place to do it. And I mean the whole process, including safely taking care of the waste or paying some company to do it for you. Putting metals into solution creates toxic solutions. It can be managed but you don't want to stand there halfway without a clue to what to do next.

Btw, welcome to the forum.

Göran

Back