Furnace

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Makcc

I am looking for a propane /forced air furnace, preferably in Quebec.
I am interested in buying one or using one for some samples. Crucible will be anywhere from #6 to #10 graphite.
Hoping to get temperature around 2000°C if possible...
If a furnace as described above can be fabricated on short notice, I would be interested as well.
Buying a furnace will not be limited to Quebec or Canada.

Yes, I know achieving this temperature is difficult, but any propane/air furnace will do.

I am running an ore concentrate sample. I have done it before in California and I need to repeat a test on the sample. No plans to travel at the moment.
I believe with the limitation of flux, I may need temperature around 1500 C as there are PGM in my sample.
I am willing to pay for the use of a small furnace for the "fire assay" test or purchase one,

I wrote out the below and wasn't going to reply as it's pretty unrelated, but in the spirit of continuing the conversation, here it is:

I know this is not what you specifically asked for, but would an induction furnace meet your needs?

https://www.inductotherm.com/applications/precious-metals-pgm-melting/
I'm also curious if anyone else uses an induction furnace for melting and their thoughts on it. These (Inductotherm) seem like they are industrial scale induction units, but I've also seen some desktop units as well (these were on Amazon, built overseas and looked like they would burn the building down along with melting your metal).

Thank you.
Induction furnace was considered, however, the material was not dense enough, especially with the addition of flux.

Back