German/Dutch/Austrian refinery that values and buys Jewelry?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golden123

Hi!

I am looking for serious actors who can receive jewelry on a regular basis, value each piece and then buy it for refining.

I am looking at central Europe, and my desktop research has mainly led me to refineries that do not value each piece of jewelry, they simply melt it and value the entire bulk piece.

Are there any who both values each piece, and then refines it?

Thanks.

Are you asking if there is a refinery that buys your "good" jewelry and refines the "junk"? Refineries are in the business of refining. They will only ever give you the value of the metal not the piece as jewelry.

Should have been clearer with what I mean maybe:

Refineries generally buy gold in bulk, melt it down and analyze the content of the bar they have created to determine what to pay for the scrap gold.

I need one that values each piece of jewelry/scrap gold before melting it, then melting it and settling whatever difference there may be between manual valuation and melted valuation. (just valuing based on weight and purity, does not need to take into account what type of jewelry it is)

Either way, any refineries in this region is interesting.

Most serious buyers use xrf guns so it’s easy to determine the value on anything but if you are shipping large amounts most will melt and assay.

Back