Gold bar for sale

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yyamani01

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are small scale gold mining company here in Ghana. We have some quantity of Gold Bars ready for sale. we will also be ready to go into a long term business contract with interested buyer if needed.

DESCRIPTION:

Product: Gold Bars

Price: $28,000

Quality: 22+ carat

Purity: 92.7% or better

Origin: Ghana

If you are interested or have interested buyer do contact us.

Contact Person: Yamani

Email: [email protected]

Tel: +233-23-163-8560

For anyone that finds this page, either members of this forum or people just googling this scammers email.

THIS IS A SCAM!

Do not fall for it!
- The management

Barren Realms 007 said:
They are persistant in their efforts. :roll:
Persistence pays off if you are not educated in the world of gold refining. However, some people don't get it that they are posting in the wrong place. :lol:

Ken

Aw, man, you guys are mean. I was totally going to buy that $28k bar, even though I didn't know how much it weighed!

/sarcasm

I like to tease them a little before the end, it's a good sport but it can get a little boring after the first few.
Had a friend who believed some of this crap and was sure he was buying jumbo jets for $25000 and diamonds at the price of glass, he was intelligent but gullible and lost everything.

Go ahead, have as much fun with this thread as you like. 8)

The new policy is to leave this type of scams online so people googling the email address will end up here and get the warning and maybe save some fool from being scammed.

I banned the poster and added a warning text. :twisted:

Göran

I get a lot of these types of offers on an ongoing, annoying basis.

It's very simple to tell scams.

1. The price is too low, gold isn't sold at a discount, it is not sold in such a way that brokers make a commission, it is in such high demand that it doesn't need to be advertised.

2. Unrealistic amount, many of these scams suggest that there is unrealistic amounts of physical gold sitting somewhere in a West African country. This also doesn't happen, not unless there is something terribly wrong like conflict gold for example, and even then the amounts are never in tons.

3. Every offer for the purchase of gold dore', gold dust, gold nuggets that originate in a West African country should be scrutinized and thought of as being a scam right from the start. Specially if any up front fees such as insurance or shipping are requested. Literally, anyone in these countries could take gold to a refinery in their region and get spot or close, so it makes no sense for discounts or sales outside their geographic area. Many will request funds for mining equipment, or offer for you to visit. There are many stories about unsuspecting victims who travel to these countries, hoping for a cash and carry transaction that ends up with them being robbed, and spending a significant time in a hospital recovering from injuries incurred during the theft.

4. Broker jargon, when terms like POP, or LOC etc are used, these are tell tail signs that a broker or so called broker is trying to source for a buyer. Many times these brokers are just individuals sitting in front of a computer passing along what they might believe are real offers, unsuspecting that they are actually fraudulent scams. Anytime you see broker jargon in relation to a transaction of this nature, you should suspect that it originated as a scam. Brokers are not required to sell significant amounts of gold as they can be transported to any reputable refinery for processing and assay, and pay out is very close to spot prices.

There are a lot of other ways you can identify these types of scams, these are only a few. There are volumes of information about these types of scams all over the internet, you only have to google them.

Scott

I always respond with a standard professional offer of terms and most do not ever reply, but one did and he was legit. He flies into NYC to a client and represents his melt, takes a sample and has an advance wired as per the terms and settlement on exchanged assays is in 3 working days.

Believe me he is rare but I always feel it is proper to respond professionally, you never know. Like I said this one guy paid off and he comes in with a 1000 ounce melt routinely and it is 90%+ from a mine.

If you have all of the methods and equipment to sample and advance by wire and are big enough to do this it is crazy not to respond. Just don't wait up nights for follow up!

4metals said:
Believe me he is rare but I always feel it is proper to respond professionally, you never know. Like I said this one guy paid off and he comes in with a 1000 ounce melt routinely and it is 90%+ from a mine.

I particularly like this line 4metals, and have also won the occasional excellent opportunity by never assuming anything from the first contact. As you say, that's effectively closing a door before it's even fully open. However as you said it's also really rare that it's genuine. 8) 8)

Jon

Back