Gold buttons

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catalytic

I'd like to get 95% of spot price, which right now is $1,800oz, so that amounts to $3,251 for this 70.3g. If you're willing to pay more, such as 96%, I have no problem with that.

All buttons are pure except for the very smallest one, it's problematic. It weighs .52g, if pure it would probably be .50g. Not sure what I did wrong with this one but I've re-refined buttons such as this in the past and seen that a mere .02g of impurities is all it takes to render them screwed up.

The .52g button was the last one I refined, it was what had settled out in my stockpot from doing all the other buttons. I'm only guessing but I think I simply did that last refining in too much of a hurry, I've had enough of refining for now, time to put away the beakers for awhile.

I want to ask your opinion about shipping these buttons, is it the responsibility of the buyer, the seller, or a little of both? If say for example I was to buy something online on ebay, I as the buyer would pay for shipping, this is the way it works, so does this make sense to apply here on the forum also?

The last batch of buttons I shipped via FedEx, though I would much rather ship via USPS Small Flat Rate Box if that works for you.

Attachments

• 70.3g d.JPG
    70.3g d.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 17
  • 70.3g c.JPG
    70.3g c.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 21
  • 70.3g a.JPG
    70.3g a.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 23
  • 70.3g b.JPG
    70.3g b.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 21
Nice looking gold. Those pictures look familiar...

Just like eBay, it's up to the seller whether they want to include free shipping or to charge extra for it. You get to set the terms. Then it's up to the buyer if they want to accept your terms. My personal opinion is that if you're wanting over $3,000 dollars, you can probably cover the cost of shipping, but that's just my opinion.

Your math also seems to be a bit off. 70.3 grams divided by 31.1 grams per troy ounce = 2.26 ozt. At $1,800 per ozt, that's $4,068.81. 95% would be $3,865.37.

Something doesn't seem right. Pictures I've seen before, selling gold out of Kenya, making a $600 error on the price. Hmmm...

Dave

So, just opening the picture and right clicking will show some of the metadata. The two pictures (from this post and the older post) are identical and the picture was taken in 2019 on a COOLPIX S8200.

Short story is that it's likely a scam.

Elemental

Attachments

• Photo with Metadata.JPG
    Photo with Metadata.JPG
    271.2 KB · Views: 14
Wow. Good eye Michele. I saw that Dave, in the previous post, noted that the images looked familiar, but you nailed it! Up to the Moderators and Administrators to deal with the potential scammers. A tip of the fedora to you, though, for doing the work to confirm Dave’s suspicion.

Time for more coffee.

Last edited:
Catalytic, it seems our sharp-eyed members have found those familiar pictures. I'll give you one short opportunity to explain this. I expect a quick response.

Dave

What wonders me is that this one made a whole story on one of the buttons, that in many respects seemed plausible.

Can't trust anyone these days. Scares me to think about how I likely would have paid this man. Tis the season I guess.

I believe Dave is waiting for the OP to offer a reasonable explanation before taking action. Be patient.

Well, I gave Catalytic ample opportunity to reply, but he has chosen not to, although he has been back several times.

The new software has a nice feature that allows us to easily see when a member has a shared IP address with another username. Catalytic has the same address as Nuggetveteran, who also made some questionable posts, so I've moved Nuggetveteran's threads here as well and banned both usernames.

Dave

Someone should go by his house with a body cam and ask if he can see the goods that are for sale.. if he really is a fraud, ask the Anonymous group to mess up his life. Clear all bank accounts, then wipe his identity clean, sell his house to people he hates, etc. etc. See how he likes theft.
lowlife:mad:
imo his IP and MAC should be made public and reported to his local authorities!
I have a deep hate for such people

Back